Thread: New Willow Trails

Lightbulb New Willow Trails

Hey Guys ! The Willow Trail Committee is trying to develop a summer trail system in the Willow area. We would like to team up with a ATV clubs in Mat-Su and Anchorage to help make this a trail system that all might enjoy. We hope to make these trail enjoyable for all sorts of people, walkers, runners, ATV'S, bikers, and even horses.

If you think you can help or know someone that can please let us know!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Default trail work

We have lots of members in the Alaska ATV Club that like to work on new trails. Do you have a specific trailhead to start with? Email me and I will post a message on the Club website for you or you can go to it directly and post. (alaskaatvclub.org)

I'd be more than willing to help. I can probably come up with some volunteers also!!
    EricL

Wink Planning Stage!!!

All this is just in the planning stage. We are having a meeting on Wed. the 17th in Willow at the Community Center at 7:00pm. We are looking for input from all the ATV Clubs.
    This will be a ongoing project!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe

I am a member of the Alaska ATV Club and also own property in Willow. I will plan to be there Wed. Thank you!

Exclamation Looking!!!

Well at the meeting on Weds. we had some people from the Alaska ATV Club. But we are still looking for people from the Mat-Su area, for input and back up for paper work for the grants we will be going after. If you live or play in the Mat-Su area and know of someone that can help us make Willow one of the best places to 4-wheel in, please come to a meeting or let us know.

Thanks for your help!!!

E.mail us at winterparkcabins@mtaonline.net or scharles@mtaonline,net and introduce yourself!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe

Hey Bill

Sorry I missed the meeting! Is this what you are using the Mat-Su Trails Council mini-excavator for? Bring some info when you come over and I'll share it at the monthly meeting. We have several folks with OHV/ATV interests. We have spent a lot of time working the Glenn highway trails and have wanted to get over to the Parks side for some time.

Scott

Wink Some!

Some of the trail that will be in the Summer Trails Plan will be worked on this July with the Mini-excavator. But most of that plan is just starting and I will talk to you more about it on Tues. morning.
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe

Wink

Well, if you are seriously considering making the local trails around your area usable for all the atv's, you have some work cut out for you. Many of the trails have been gouged out real bad, because the monster truck and buggy guys have found the place. Ruts are now deeper than most atv's ground clearance and a horse would break a leg real quick in the ruts. Some of the wet spots would require hardening and the materials are not readily available along side the trails to do much of that. Good Luck with your project though. If the big rigs are allowed to use the trails, you better figure on doing it every year.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

PM sent to trailboss
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Lightbulb Trail Meeting!!!

Trail Meeting 7:00 pm Wedsday the 15th Willow Comm. Center!
    Come and join us!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe

Default Was that the 15th that was yesterday??

Looking for my time machine!
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Thumbs up Getting it done!!!

Well after the meeting on Wed. night we are trying to get a bridge over Lucky Shot Trail on the creek that comes out of Shirly Lake to Willow Creek in Willow Creek State Park. And we are working on Corral Hill Trail with a rig brushing, cutting and reworking the hill for safety reasons. All great improvments!!
    Remember that all of this is done with volunteers, and it is amasing how much can be done when people put in a little time!!!

Many Thanks to all the Volunteers!!!

Next meeting Aug 19th at 7:00 pm at the Willow Comm. Center1
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe

Default new willow trail

me and my wife would love to go meeting on aug 19 problem is that we are deaf we wonder will you provide interpreter? we would love to help to build new trail some thing like that cuz we have atv and my three have own atv too let me know if you can get interpreter then we can go there and listen