Thread: GunsAmerica

Default GunsAmerica

Anybody bought anything from someone on GunsAmerica and had a good/bad experience and willing to share? I am considering ordered a rifle from a "vendor" there but instead of an auction like Gunbroker these appear to be classifieds from home based FFLs. The guy I was going to buy from lists a house address (google maps is great - I love street view for things like this). I understand GunsAmerica offers warehousing and everything for these guys but I am just not thrilled with it. I scoured the internet and found only one complaint on this guy and it was related to a customer who thought $46 shipping was unreasonable (cry me a river).

Thoughts anyone???

I have bought a lot of guns off GunsAmerica and never had a problem with the gun or condition. I have had to complain about shipping took too long or some such but condition vs description was always good and never ran into any take my money and run kind of stuff.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Talking ditto

I agree with Murphy...everything's been really good so far, but doesn't mean that the next one won't go south, but that applies to most things in life. All one can do is go for it and trust that it'll work out and go for it. Good luck.
    If you like getting kicked by a mule...then you'll "love" shooting my .458.

I've ordered through there a couple times and have had good experiences thus far. Again, not to say there aren't bad ones. Guess I've just been lucky.

I purchased a revolver a couple of months ago through GA, couldn't find it locally. My experience was excellent, everything went smoothly and shipping was overnight. I would use GA again.

I bought 1 gun on gunsamerica and 2 guns and 1 scope on gunbroker. I have had no problems. I would look at gunbroker also if I were you. Gunbroker seems to have better prices/deals, but it depends.

Brett

Just remember anyone can list a gun on gunsamerica. You are buying from a private seller who simply advertises the gun on gunsamerica. This is same as gunbrokers. Trust your instints and go from there.
    Purchased several rifles from individuals on both sites and results have always been positive.
    Tennessee

We used to sell on GunsAmerica. Because the fraud level is so high there, we decided we didnt want to be associated with that site. We use Gunbroker exclusively. Also, Auction Arms is policed very well.

Unless you get great photos and descriptions, ask questions!

I bought one for a Gunshop in Idaho. I think it was called Boise something or other. Great company to do business with, but it took a little longer to recieve it than I would have hoped for. Not too bad though.

Thanks everyone.... kind of nervous about this because GunsAmerica seems kind of corny compared to other sites but the gun I found there is advertised NIB from a power seller with over 1100 sales and many supposedly to Alaska. It was a shot show special in a prior year and I can't find it anywhere. Problem is he has only two positive feedbacks and no negative. The reasoning GA gives for that is that they only recently added feedback to their site and that for some reason very few buyers come back to give feedback.

I am somewhat suspect because recently I was taken to the cleaners by Conley Precision... received 30% fewer boxes of ammo than I ordered and no refund for the undelivered product for months now.... only occasional hostile emails. Not looking like I will ever see that money again. Please if anyone EVER thinks about ordering ammo from CPC, PM me FIRST! I will forward you the emails I have saved over the months and let you decide for yourself. I doubt you will have any questions. Enough said.

Thanks again.

I have also used Gunbroker in the past and had fantastic experience there. Once I was trying out a new automatic login program for my computer and instead of logging me in it logged me in and chose "buy it now" and bought me a nice $3500 rifle!!!! Fortunately, it was from a dealer whom I had purchased two other rifles the week before so he totally understood I wasn't scamming him and he let me off the hook with only a little ribbing. :-)

PS - I no longer use that login program!

Bought my wife's seal rifle, a Win. Mod 70 CRF .223 WSSM all stainless from a tiny little shop in some podunk town in Nebraska for around $450 when everyone else was selling them for $800 and up. GunsAmerica is a fine place.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Default I bought from there too...

I bought a Remington mdl 7 7mm-08 ss and a HS Precision stock from the site. No issues at all.

Made my purchase.... I will let you know if I get what I paid for. Crossing my fingers. Thanks for everyone's input. Good to know so many folks have had good experiences over there. My only prior experience was with GunBroker as mentioned and that went well.

Filed the official complaint with the credit card company on my specialty ammo order mentioned above; doubt that will work out in my favor but I can tell you where I won't be ordering any more ammo in the future

Default +1 for the Guns America Experience

I realize that Guns America is just a collection of independent sellers from around the country and no one experience can guarentee future success... but since I posted the question I thought I should follow up having completed my transaction.

I purchased a nice new 2007 shot show special, NIB, rifle from a GA vendor (despite my earlier reservations) and had a seamless transaction. Got my rifle this week and it was exactly as advertised. Glad so many people piped in and told me about their positive experiences because I otherwise might not have added this to my collection.

Thanks!