Thread: Lake Creek Reports?

Question Lake Creek Reports?

Does anyone have any recent news out of Lake Creek? I may have a day or two to head that way this week, but would like some idea of what to expect. I have a friend who left me the keys to his boat which is parked at the Deshka Landing and I'd like to take advantage one more time before he comes back.

Default Your not gone yet

heck brian give us the report when you get back
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Nobody? I'm heading up Saturday morning through Monday sometime. I'll fish regardless, but was hoping for the good word. Perhaps I'll spend more time chasing pike than kings.

The water is high and too many boats for the little fishable water available.

We're heading that way in a week so hopefully it will settle down. Gulkana report is the same. High water.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Brian,

My buddy (Polarisblake) has been up there for the last few days I believe he gets back today and I'll give him a jingle and see what he knows.

Default Was there last weekend

Was there 6/11-6/13. Almost all fish were caught from a very small spot out in front of the "Lake Creek Recreation Area" sign at the mouth. Very competitive with lots of guides and highly experienced locals jockeying for for the very small spot. We got on the spot at 4:30AM and the hog line fillled in with four more boats almost immediately after that waiting for the opener. You could anchor on the spot, but you run the risk of a submerged tree rolling your anchor line while you sleep..........Got three & lost a few more..............Some people did good with spinners just inside the mouth but it was hit or miss............

I have a friend was there on Tuesday and said it was off the charts. Landed 19 in less than 3 hours, but nothing very large. Broke off 4 that he said were enormous- 40-60#. He's a pretty good source, too.

Went out yesterday. Didn't seem too crowded (compared to Deska crowded). Or was that crowded for Lake Creek?

Caught one Jack, saw a couple others being caught, but it seemed pretty slow.

As this is the first time fishing out there I do have a couple questions:
    -we used wigglewarts/kwikfish, but I saw some spin-n-glows with divers. What else is good to use?

-Are there places on the way up to stop and check out for fish?

- We're thinking we might spend the July 4th weekend out there. Is there someplace you'd recommend to stay? We've got a tent and all, but I'd prefer a roof and an outhouse.

Thanks for any help!

We didn't end up going due to the threatening rain. We're all about having our 1-year old outside as much as possible, but sitting inside all weekend trying to keep him from touching the wood stove didn't sound like a lot of fun. We might head that way later this week, so if I go I'll fire off a report upon my return.