Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nosler Partition

Default Nosler Partition

I am thinking of switching ammo and it looks like alot of people have good stuff to say about Nosler Partitions. What brand of ammunition do you buy them in? I shoot a Remington 300WSM.

I know Federal loads them in some of their Premium product line.

Thumbs up great bullet...

If there is a "do it all" bullet for North America it has to be the Nosler Partition. Opens up at any reasonable velocity and penetrates deep. It is probably always a good choice.

I have used this bullet in handloads on moose, goat, elk, deer, caribou, and bears. It has never let me down. Federal was carrying it in a factory load, as mentioned already.

Well, I just went out and bought two boxes and it looks like my family is eating nothing but rice for the next few weeks! Its the most expensive ammo I have ever bought but it will be worth it when I anchor a caribou this fall!! Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Inherent Advantage View Post
    As a rule,the NPT is amongst the poorest choices available,regarding performance that interests most Alaskans.

They come apart easily and are a poor choice from which to eek deep penetration of even Medium Game. There is no upside to their application,save the "Native" mentality of availability.

Simply put,there are no accolades associated within.
    Whew! I gess I bin lukky using dem over forty yeahs, huh? Geeze it herts to be rong so long.

Seeing as the Nosler Partition is the base with which all premium bullets are compared to, I'd say its a pretty darn good bullet. Are there other bullets out there that work well....yup, but the partition probably has a more dependable performance record than any other, and over many a decades.

Default NP's

Every big game animal I have ever taken has been with a partition. Factory Seconds no less! I guess I need to change to a..... Monolithic??

Default validate your opinion please.

Not to start a pi$$ing contest. I'm always up for listening to another point of view.

Even if it's wrong.

As a rule,the NPT is amongst the poorest choices available,regarding performance that interests most Alaskans.

They come apart easily and are a poor choice from which to eek deep penetration of even Medium Game. There is no upside to their application,save the "Native" mentality of availability.

Man, I'm really shooting junk, it's a wonder things even die when hit with a plainjane speer. Anyone want to stand up in front of one to see if it will break skin.

To me "Inherent Advantage" sounds like the joker who keeps getting banned from the forum due to the impropriety and uncouth nature of his postings.

Are you simply looking for an arguement (according to many of your posts), or do you have any negative experience or proof that the Parition is "amongst the poorest choices availible"?? Another statement of your's that I'm also curious of is your assumption regarding the Partition's performance and Alaskan's interest in such. The Partition does shed a little weight (only up to the partition itself) but continues to penetrate with the best of them. From what I've read.....the Partition is one of the most popular bullets amongst the forum members. What premium constructed bullet do you regard as the better choice and why?

Oh....nevermind....it appears AOD already flushed the toilet. How do i get all those keystrokes back?

Default :)

Guess I don't have to "ask" him to hold this 2 inch thick chunk of steel I-beam and see what comes out the back side.....

338 335 part @ 2754 @ 80 yards poked a hold through it that looked like you cut it with a waterjet. In all fairness, I'll throw out the disclaimer that I'm no longer throwing them at 2745. They're smokin along at 2987fps so I have no idea what it will take to stop them now...

Guess I'd better look for a better penetrating bullet, never know when the Moose are gonna figure out how to wear armour....

Angry Partition comment

i have had the good fortune to hunt brown bear three times---as a Pensy guy,i had to have a guide---on each of the 3 hunts,the different outfitters specifically mentioned NOT using Partitions for the big bears---the suggestions to use were Swift A Frame and Trophy Bonded Bear Claw -----i don't have "a dog in this fight" and no hard facts to back this up,only the experience of the outfitters----just passing on what was suggested to me

Hey Inherent Advantage......AKA Unbridled Beast: When you generate a new user name on AOD....Pm me right before AOD flushes the toilet. You've disrespected a good many members on this forum and I'd love to meet you face to face.

** If any moderators find this post to be inappropriate please edit my post and a throw me a couple flame rule points as I don't want to get the boot over this dirsepectful child**

Do you have a mental condition? Great.....you shot a bear with a barnes x-bullet, great you love a 7mm, great....you love throwing around the same four " self promoted extensive vocab." words: muse, inherent (in combination with.....) advantage, and accolade. I've never seen someone direspect others quite like you, self promote in the most gloating manner, throw advice willingly given to you (because you asked for it) in member's faces, and start a conflict with anyone and everyone who opposed your arrogant assumptions. Tell you what......you want conflict......come get it from me in person. (wish i could state this in much more violent terms) PLEASE take me up on the offer lil fella! I'll bring you back to reality like It was done in the ol neighborhood back in Little Italy.

The partition has served me well and I have no gripes with it's performance or accuracy in any of the rifles I have used it in. You probably don't need them for Caribou and I think that a plain ole remington cor-Lok would work just fine. I feel that shot placement is more critical then bullet construction.
    In most all of my rofles they shoot within a couple of inches of each other so I practice with the Cor-Loks and hunt with the Partitions. It is nice to save a few bucks here and there. Helps me stock up on rice when it is on sale.

IMO the Nosler Partition is a fine premium bullet with an exceptional history, produced by a company that is one of the leaders in the industry. I have used it many times, and I would use it again. If it was the only premium bullet out there I wouldn't feel compromised in the field at all. However, we fortunately have many choices of fine premium bullets, and I have chosen and used Barnes TSX's for pretty much all of my big game hunting applications in more recent years.

On another subject that has been mentioned here (Inherent Advantage). He's been around before under different names, Big Stick, etc., and I suspect that he will be back again someday. Each time it's the same thing that you saw a few days ago. It's best to just ignore him when he comes slamming into our community, and let Professor Murphy give him the hook (which he always does). I doubt that there is anything that any one of us could say to him that would be productive...any and all comments appear to simply feed whatever it is that drives him. He's probably getting a good laugh right now...and I wish him well in my continued silence to his posts.

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by ezmarsh View Post
    i have had the good fortune to hunt brown bear three times---as a Pensy guy,i had to have a guide---on each of the 3 hunts,the different outfitters specifically mentioned NOT using Partitions for the big bears---the suggestions to use were Swift A Frame and Trophy Bonded Bear Claw -----i don't have "a dog in this fight" and no hard facts to back this up,only the experience of the outfitters----just passing on what was suggested to me
    I have used the nosler partition for years and it has killed everything I have shot at, however, I have had a few bullets vaporize some of the meat at very close range (black bear over bait but still killed the animal) and have heard that the only difference between the nos partition and the A frame is that the front section of the A fram is harder and therefore should cut down on the vaporization at close ranges (higher speed).

Default partition

I was under the impression that the Nosler incantation of the partition was designed to shed the front part The shedding actually enhances the shock effect when used within designed parameters. I don't think it would be fair to slight the construction for intended characteristics.
    But then... I may be wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast