Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly's On Bear Baits Fairbanks Area

Default Grizzly's On Bear Baits Fairbanks Area

Question" People Around Fairbanks And Nenana Area And Around Delta. Is It Me Our Alot Of Grizzly's Coming In On The Baits This Year. I Have Had Three Diffrent One's Another Friend Has Had A Bunch Of Them Coming To His Bait And Another The Same Thing. I Was Told Some One Shoot One Over On The Salt Jacket In The Tanana Flats, I Was Told That The Bear Charged The Guy And He Had To Shoot It. ( Just Curius) Maybe We Need Grizzly Bear Baiting Around Hear Our Need To Bring It Up At The Next Board Of Game Meeting As A Proposal
    Attached Images Attached Images

Skip that a very nice bear. Last year I had 10 different Griz in 12 days on my bait down here. This year I cut the hole in the bait barrel at 5" and chained my barrel to the tree so that they could not shake the bait out. Had three on and none came back after the first time.

Everybody knows there no Brown Bears on the Kenai Peninsula, well maybe just a couple. A couple thousand too many.....

Quote Originally Posted by Casper50 View Post
    Skip that a very nice bear. Last year I had 10 different Griz in 12 days on my bait down here. This year I cut the hole in the bait barrel at 5" and chained my barrel to the tree so that they could not shake the bait out. Had three on and none came back after the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by skip olsen View Post
    Question" People Around Fairbanks And Nenana Area And Around Delta. Is It Me Our Alot Of Grizzly's Coming In On The Baits This Year. I Have Had Three Diffrent One's Another Friend Has Had A Bunch Of Them Coming To His Bait And Another The Same Thing. I Was Told Some One Shoot One Over On The Salt Jacket In The Tanana Flats, I Was Told That The Bear Charged The Guy And He Had To Shoot It. ( Just Curius) Maybe We Need Grizzly Bear Baiting Around Hear Our Need To Bring It Up At The Next Board Of Game Meeting As A Proposal
    If for no other reason than general "habituation" why would one not reasonably expect an increase in the use of these bait stations by brown/grizzlies as time passes?
    Does look like a very nice bear (to me). Nice picture.
    Joe (Ak)

Quote Originally Posted by skip olsen View Post
    Sorry for the interrupt.... but I just noticed that you capitalized every single word in that post. I Think I Would Go Nuts If I Hit The Shift Key That Many Times.... yep I think I just proved my theory.

BTW the bear is a dandy...
    When all else fails...ask your old-man.

AKArcher

I don't know if there's more than usual, but it sure seems like there's more than enough around. I've had a sow with 3 cubs around for a couple years now.

Default None

I have had bait out since mid-May and have not had one griz yet (knock on wood) It is a new location because I got overrun with griz last year.

On a positive note, have at least 7 different blacks on the bait regularly.

Default Grizz

This guy came in this year. I agree, why not something like 1 a year or every other year or something. I have heard lots of friends have grizz this year.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If they ever allow grizz baiting, I know just the place!!! It is a good one, and don't even have any blackies around to get in the way.

I'm in the Delta area as well and although I didn't bait, almost every guy I talked to that did bait said they had problems with grizzlies. I wonder if the recent big fires around the Fairbanks / Pogo / Delta areas haven't caused a shift in the grizzlies' range. It wouldn't surprise me if the grizzlies haven't pushed (or killed) the black bears out of their traditional ranges. Do any biologists care to take a stab at this theory?

It sounds to me like we need to get some of us predator callers involved to help the baiters. I wonder if predaor calling in the same general area (not AT the bait stations) might lure grizzlies hanging in the area to check out a suffering easy to catch hot meal. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeak View Post
    Everybody knows there no Brown Bears on the Kenai Peninsula, well maybe just a couple. A couple thousand too many.....
    It shure worked well 4 us none this year!!
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

They will never open up a Grizz baiting season. The guides and outfitters will whine way too much about it.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

4 different grizz this year, and not a single black the last two years. ALL Grizz. Tired of it. There should be at least a drawing tag to bait grizz. I think a comb of recent fires, and heavy baiting pressure in this area. Black numbers seem to be down, and grizz numbers up (just what I gather from talking to firends). By the way that was a good buddy of mine that was charged, crazy situation!

I Was On The Adviory Board Here In Fairbanks For Ten Years And If You Do It Right It Can Pass. I'm Going To Put In The Proposal For Baiting For Grizzlys And I Have Picture's And Freinds With Them. The Way It Works At The Board Of Game You Need Prof There Is A Problem And A Salution To The Problem, I'm Thinking In The Tanana Flats Why We Are Having Problem Those Bears Are Use To Eating Calf Moose And With All The Cow Moose Shot Over There The Last Few Years Its Probley Slim Pickens For The Grizzly There Looking For The Next Best Thing Black Bears At Bait Stations. But To Get It Passed At The Board Of Game You Have To Have People Get Up And Testify And Have Prof There Is A Problem, So Picture's And Testimony Is What Is Going To Be Needed To Make It Pass

Nice Grizz you had on your stand Skip.. !

~1SG~

Default Need Pics?

My partner and I had over 1000 grizz pics on our two trail cameras. If you need pics, PM me...

That is a big griz, I'm glad we did not have one at ours. Took this guy and another 6'er this year.

Looks smaller, I'm large!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by thrashdady View Post
    That is a big griz, I'm glad we did not have one at ours. Took this guy and another 6'er this year.

Looks smaller, I'm large!
    you meausre 6' foot toes to nose?????
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    you meausre 6' foot toes to nose?????
    yep, I did, my partner and the Taxidermist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast