Thread: Another stoopid question

Default Another stoopid question

I just bought a new A1 size bouy for my shrimp pots. How do I inflate the thing?

Thanks

INFLATION INSTRUCTIONS 1 Several types of air sources may be used to inflate your Polyform products: a Polyform # 30 hand pump

b Other hand or foot operated pumps

c Air Compressor

d Service station air pump
    2 Remove white plastic screw from the valve (located near the ropehold). 3 If you are using a gas station or portable air compressor, set your gauge at 2 PSI. Do not go beyond this setting. Insert the inflation adapter in the valve opening and apply the nozzle to the adapter and depress to start the air flowing. If you are using a hand or foot operated pump, insert the inflation adapter into the nozzle first. The adapter is threaded for your convenience.
    NOTE: If no air can be put into the product, the convenience flap may be stuck. Insert a small blunt rod (Allen wrench, Phillips screwdriver, or stiff wire) into the valve and gently push the convenience flap open.
    4 Fill the Polyform fender or buoy until the walls are fully expanded. The best way to check that is to measure the circumference of the particular product and match the chart measurement. You should also be able to easily push with your thumb and depress the wall 1/4 inch. 5 After filling the product to the correct size, remove the pump and replace the screw. Remember that you are screwing a plastic screw into plastic threads. The screw will come to a stop when the screw head is flush with the top of the valve casing. Do not force the screw past this point or damage to the valve will occur.
    NOTE: Do not use power drills/drivers to tighten. The torque can easily drive the screw through the valve.

Get an air chuck with a extension, stick it in the hole and blow it up. Sometimes the bouy one way valve is stuck and needs a little incouragement.

Default good info

I didn't know that there was a check valve in there....had trustworthy blow up my A3 for me. My A2 was just too small for a 5 pot set pulling with the bouy. The A3 should be the trick.

I bought mine from B&Js and they did it for me.
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    I didn't know that there was a check valve in there....had trustworthy blow up my A3 for me. My A2 was just too small for a 5 pot set pulling with the bouy. The A3 should be the trick.
    Take the A2 along and clip on when pulling pots, two buoys work better than one Iíve found. Only pull 4 pots on a string but thatís because I lost one early in the year using heavy duty snap-ons, back to tying into the line.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

Default was thinking

of using them both for pulling...the A3 is rated for 121 pounds the A2 for 68. Last year with 5 pots - 3 weighted and a 6lb weight ahead of the closest pot - the bouy sure stayed under water a long time (A2) before popping up. I am sure that the A3 will be much much better - but I will take them both.

It might be a Moot point - have you seen the weather projections for Pt. Helen for this weekend? 30 knot winds with 2.4-3 meter swells.......not so good.....might be floating that A3 down the Kenai for Reds........