Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Trip for Dad

  1. #1
    New member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default Trip for Dad

    Hi guys. My Dad turns 70 next year and I want to take him on a fishing trip. Dads an OK flyfisherman but is more comfortable with spinning gear. He's is good shape for 70 but not sure if I want to take him on a float trip but trolling isn't what excites him. I am struggling with this because I don't want a crowd but not sure about camping out at one place for a week.

    He likes a silver/rainbow most.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks. Tony

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    soldotna
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Middle Kenai River in mid to late August is tough to beat for a silver/rainbow combo. Spin or fly would work equally as effective for both species at that time. Next year there will be a ton of pinks that show up at the end of August in the Middle Kenai so you will want to hit it before then or it gets tougher to get through the pinks to the trout with a spinning rod.

  3. #3

    Thumbs up

    Get someone to take you between the outlet of Skilak Lake and Bings Landing on the Kenai River. You don't have to troll or even fish from the boat, if you don't want to. There is a good trench along the long sandbar, where anyone can catch a ton of Big Rainbows and all species of Salmon that happen to be present during your time on the river. It is a short run in a boat and very much worth the effort or money. You can search the archives about this spot. It is great.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  4. #4
    Member sevenmag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    fairbanks
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Get someone to take you between the outlet of Skilak Lake and Bings Landing on the Kenai River.

    is there a horsepower limit on that area? or lake skilak?
    sevenmag

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •