Thread: Lake Louise

Default Lake Louise

Anyone ridden out at Lake Louise. I'm thinking about heading out there this weekend and camping out at the state camp ground and doing some riding out of there. Any suggestions for trails or other places to camp?

Not much for off road trails out there. If you find one it may be very tough. Boondocking is highly frowned upon. There is a free campground near mile 20 on the right. It has a bathroom and is usually clean. You may want to avoid riding your ATV late at night as there have been some fuel cans missing from trucks in the parking lot. People are on the lookout.

I will be out there. Yell if you see me.

Thumbs down no atvs allowed there

Quote Originally Posted by j.waggoner View Post
    Anyone ridden out at Lake Louise. I'm thinking about heading out there this weekend and camping out at the state camp ground and doing some riding out of there. Any suggestions for trails or other places to camp?
    That campground allows zero ATV usage; it has signs up to that effect, and the campground host-person is probably on duty by this time, for the rest of the summer. Campground property seems to extend a bit beyond the campground proper too, so there isn't much wiggle room I bet.

An ATV-camp would be better off being located during the last dozen or so miles on your way to that spot, but I can't vouch for any trails you might find or use.

Default Lake Lousie trails

In years past, we used to camp at the radio tower at about mile 9. From there, you can find several semic trails that can be challenging. BE CAREFUL of the water holes though. Some of them had NO bottom! If I remember right, there were some trails at about mile 5 or so. Take you time and check some of the pull outs on the way in.
    Good riding!

Thanks for the info guys. It was so wet out there we ended up just hanging out around the Mendeltna Trail. Didn't really do much riding. The mosquitoes were viscious as well! I had forgotten that the state campgrounds typically don't let you run ATV's, but remembered as soon as we saw the signs. Saw some offshoots that looked a bit more promising in drier times.

We rained out too. Skeeters were henious in certain areas. I gave up at 4PM Saturday as I needed to run power tools to get anything done. Not a big fan of electrocution. I have not heard if Sunday was better, but my place needed a good day to dry up. Can't win them all.