Thread: Introduction...

Default Introduction...

Hello everyone, my name's Riley, I've been lurking on the site for a while. I plan on moving to Alaska from Oregon next spring or summer. I'm 26 and live to archery hunt, I also love to hunt waterfowl. I'm looking to move to the Anchorage area as that's where the best opportunity for work will be. The thing I'm excited the most about is the chance to hunt sheep after I've been there for a year. I've read through most of the regs, and most everything on the AK fish and wildlife page, it's a ton!

One thing I would like to know is, what does it take money wise to get into the back country by plane to hunt sheep, grizzlies, moose, etc?

Welcome to the forum. Remember most hunts will require at least twice as many flights out, as flights in......

Welcome to the site and I hope your move goes well. Alaska is a great place but a bit expensive. For a flight in and out of sheep hunting plan on spending $1000-$2000 a lot of variables in there. Distance, aircraft, and round trips.

You can put in for drawing hunts and not have to fly out. That is if you are lucky enough to draw the tags. Otherwise it depends on how far you want to go. You don't have to fly too far for grizzly or moose. Farther for sheep. Let us know when you get here. There is a great archery shop in Eagle River and a club on Elmendorf AFB.