Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thermacell

Default Thermacell

I've seen these around, and with the skeeter issues we're having this year, was thinking of picking one up. Anyone have one, and if so what do you think? Is it worth a ****?

Default buy it!

buy it! and get the 4pack refills while you're at it. Very awesome! no need for bug dope while its running.

There was a thread on this several months ago (might have been in the gear forum) and seemed like everyone who had them, liked them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt View Post
    I've seen these around, and with the skeeter issues we're having this year, was thinking of picking one up. Anyone have one, and if so what do you think? Is it worth a ****?
    I don't know about Alaskian bugs but I've had several for five years now. I suggest you buy a couple! They are GREAT... and we even use them while bear hunting over bait (here in Maine). It works on mosquitoes and black flys. As stated above, buy four or more refills.

Best $20 I've ever spent, works great in the stand, and don't have to deal with nasty mosquito dope. Only time they dont work well is if there is some wind...just buy the big pack of refills.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

if we could swear on here i would tell you how frigging AWESOME THEY ARE
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Don't leave home without it!!!. Saved us last year at main bay fishing.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

love it, love it, love it
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

This is sounding like a broekn record but I have to chime in. DO NOT hesitate! Man, it is so nice having one under the dining fly and actually being able to eat without worrying about the number of bugs you get with each bite. They are great.

Default Dam Bugs!

Alright alright, I couldn't stand it anymore, you guys pushed me over the top! I just ordered on line two refurbished thermacells with holsters and the summer refill pack, $105 for all. The refill pack has I think 10. Sounds like I'll be happy. Thanks Guys!

Default I am owner!

They work!!! Bought three!

Wal mart on A street has them in the sporting goods part by the fishing. I think maybe the same isle as the mountain house down low just off the floor. Refills too. $25 for the unit. I think they are out of the holsters. they were on sale for $9 and I bought the last two!

It is amazing how well they work! Sitting in the stand and only having 4 moskquitos land on me! They are out thick too! Read the directions!!

Default Should Have

Quote Originally Posted by Gameon375 View Post
    Alright alright, I couldn't stand it anymore, you guys pushed me over the top! I just ordered on line two refurbished thermacells with holsters and the summer refill pack, $105 for all. The refill pack has I think 10. Sounds like I'll be happy. Thanks Guys!
    posted earlier. They were on sale for $20 at AIH. I did the Holsters from Cabela's @$9.99 each with $5 for shipping.
    I use mine everyday for work and like everyone else their the "Cats Pajama's"
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

AIH had the best price last year too! I have a fancy holster for mine, duct tape and string!

I ordered them through yahoo:Refurbished thermacell $14.99 each holster $10.99 each and summer refill pack has 10 butane and 30 repellent mats for $49.99. I guess I could have got the holsters cheaper but I didn't shop hard. Oh ya shipping $7. something

We used them for bear bait hunting and they are a serious lifesaver.. we were in some thick with the bears .. after we got the bears down the skeeters were so thick they would block the camera from taking good pictures,, two thermacells cleared the area in about 5 min. and we used 2 around while skinning also. i'm using the 125 GC from sportsmans to stock up ..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Default Yes Yes Yes Yes

Best invention since Velcro! I had to buy my son and wife their own to protect mine!

Default Great Product

The Thermacell is a great product, we use ours hunting, fishing, camping, and just around the house. If you don't have one and live in Alaska you need to get one, definitley worth the money.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." John Wayne

thanks everyone! I bought one.

Default The best

I bought two and the first one didn't work. Not that it didn't keep the bugs away, it didn't function. Some problem with the seal for the butane canister. Once I got a properly functioning one, I was amazed. Thermacell is the best outdoor product I've ever purchased. It's behind only my hunting license, gun and knife in importance. I've been giving them as Christmas gifts to any outdoors people I know for the past few years to universal praise by everyone. I wish the company made one big enough to cover an entire yard.

Default what they really need

Thermacells work so well for skeeters- they need one for griz! It really sucks to be dressing out one dead bear and having others constantly coming in to check things out. I'd buy the first one out- especially if they get a griz specific one that don't bother blackies!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast