Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duck season

Default Duck season

Well I know we have been doing this for the last few years, so I figured I would go ahead and start it.

ONLY 81 MORE DAYS

Default excited

Been looking forward to it since Jan.

Default More shells

that gives me time to buy more shells. Not sure the 10 cases I have is enough. Need to go find a new call or two. Don't know why, just do. Guess I need to start plying stores and catalogs for a layout/pop up blind. So much to do, so little time.

I finally got back from Iraq, and have been seeing ducks everywhere, It's torture waiting to go get some of them.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Yeah, I'll have to root for you guys on the sidelines this year until I get back from Kosovo. Be sure to upload pictures of your success's! Only 444 more days till opening day for me! WhooHOOOO!
    Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life

Not including today, 75 DAYS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ak River Rat View Post
    that gives me time to buy more shells. Not sure the 10 cases I have is enough. Need to go find a new call or two. Don't know why, just do. Guess I need to start plying stores and catalogs for a layout/pop up blind. So much to do, so little time.
    Amen to that! Actually I just ordered a new Speck Call last week....don't really need it, but it did make me feel better. I'm getting better though....I didn't pay extra for overnight shipping!

what kind of speck call did you pick up. I was looking at one of the ones made by haydel. I wish you could try before you buy with duck and goose calls.

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    what kind of speck call did you pick up. I was looking at one of the ones made by haydel. I wish you could try before you buy with duck and goose calls.
    I bought the RNT Speck call. I saw the episode on RNT-V using the call and it was the best sounding speck call I've heard. Now if I can only reproduce what they did. I like RNT calls anyway.
    BTW-the new season of RNT-V starts (I think) June 29th on Outdoors Channel.

I'll have to check that out. Although watching duck hunting dvd's makes the wait for duck season 300 times worse.

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    I'll have to check that out. Although watching duck hunting dvd's makes the wait for duck season 300 times worse.
    Amen to that...I started watching my DVD's about a month ago.

My 2 labs go nuts when I put on Duck Commander. They freakin love it. We just moved off base and I have about a 3 acre pond in the back yard so they flip out everyday cause of all the ducks and geese in the yard.

59 days left.

I know in a state with amazing big game opportunities, like this one, it may be a little harder to find, but is anyone on here dedicated to waterfowling? I mean, wake up in the morning and know for a fact you have either a B&C Bull Moose or a limit of waterfowl and you pick waterfowl 10 out of 10 times? I'm hoping there are some people like that up here, I haven't had a chance to get out and meet anyone since I've been here, but now that the season is just around the corner, I suppose it's time to start asking questions like that!

What has two thumbs and lives for Waterfowling.....THIS GUY! I sleep in my waders, with my duck calls around my neck, and have a decoy spread through out my house! Waterfowling is my obsession in life.

Quote Originally Posted by DucksAndDogs View Post
    I know in a state with amazing big game opportunities, like this one, it may be a little harder to find, but is anyone on here dedicated to waterfowling? I mean, wake up in the morning and know for a fact you have either a B&C Bull Moose or a limit of waterfowl and you pick waterfowl 10 out of 10 times? I'm hoping there are some people like that up here, I haven't had a chance to get out and meet anyone since I've been here, but now that the season is just around the corner, I suppose it's time to start asking questions like that!

I packed moose for a guide my first fall up here, I got no desire to do it again. I was raised a duck hunter and I would pick ducks 10 out of 10 times.
    (Unless that moose was next to the road on my way duck hunting.)

Just the chance at getting to see my dog work makes me choose ducks over moose any day. I love that moose and duck season open around here around the same time!!!! It makes for a lot less competition here than I get back in Arkansas.
    "A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine." Marley and Me

Quote Originally Posted by ARKY View Post
    Just the chance at getting to see my dog work makes me choose ducks over moose any day. I love that moose and duck season open around here around the same time!!!! It makes for a lot less competition here than I get back in Arkansas.

That's why all my buddies back home could never figure out why I was so excited about deer season opening up... I'd go out deer hunting for exactly 2 weeks in NC, and that was the 2 weeks during the split for our waterfowl. Sure did make for less crowds at the landings.

I've got a bum knee now, though. I don't get an MRI until Aug. 4th and then I have no idea what happens after that. My wife seems to think it'll stand in the way of waterfowling, though. We all know better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by DucksAndDogs View Post
    That's why all my buddies back home could never figure out why I was so excited about deer season opening up... I'd go out deer hunting for exactly 2 weeks in NC, and that was the 2 weeks during the split for our waterfowl. Sure did make for less crowds at the landings.

I've got a bum knee now, though. I don't get an MRI until Aug. 4th and then I have no idea what happens after that. My wife seems to think it'll stand in the way of waterfowling, though. We all know better than that.
    I've had 3 need surgeries. If you have arthroscopy (scoped)...with good physical therapy (a must) you'll be good to go in about 6 weeks. So if you have to have surgery...get it as soon as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by AK DUX View Post
    I've had 3 need surgeries. If you have arthroscopy (scoped)...with good physical therapy (a must) you'll be good to go in about 6 weeks. So if you have to have surgery...get it as soon as you can.
    AK DUX couldnt have said it better Ive had 6 knee surgerys and sooner is better

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast