Thread: petersburg bear hunt

Default petersburg bear hunt

hunted april28th. thru may4th, weather was great, sun from when I arrived in town of petersburg on april26th. sunshine thru May2nd. was on a guided hunt, with another hunter sharring the trip, total of two hunters , base camp was a cabin cruiser. i think we just hit the weather right, the first hunt of the season before us, saw only a few bears, and they passed up on a shooter because of a rub. On my fourth day, I shot a 7 footer, with 19 inch skull, perfect hide. this was a hunt of a lifetime for me, we saw killer whales, eagles, seals, otters, a wolf, we went crabbing, and saw several bears, cubs with sows, and bears we passed up on,just a great time, sorry about the late post. I was nervous we might be hunting to early, read different threads about time frame on this forum, lots of different opinions, I just consider ourselves very lucky, hitting the weather right, trip was booked late 2007,if I had to book another hunt I would not book to late in the season, to much greening up from what I saw could keep bears off shoreline

Default congrats

Where are all of the pictures to go along with the short story?

Nyhunter,
    Im very interested in a boat based black bear hunt and have been doing alot of research into it.Who did you go with???

Thanks LIEBE

Default I'm with Tboehm

Where's the pictures? Glad you had a successful hunt though.

Quote Originally Posted by LIEBE View Post
    Nyhunter,
    Im very interested in a boat based black bear hunt and have been doing alot of research into it.Who did you go with???

Thanks LIEBE
    hunted with OCEAN POINT ADVENTURE, The owner name is Keegan Mcarthy, young fellow , hard worker, great boat, do a search and you will see his website, I have to get pictures uploaded. TONY

Default pictures

Quote Originally Posted by yogibear View Post
    Where's the pictures? Glad you had a successful hunt though.
    Sorry about no pictures, I will get them uploaded soon. Just not a computor guy. TONY

Sorry about no pictures, have to get them uploaded, bot a computor guy. Tony

should read ( not a computor guy )

hunted with OCEAN POINT ADVENTURE--- Owner is Keegan Mcarthy, great guy, good area, very comfortable boat, great food, his price is probally on the upper range for what you will see for these hunts, well worth every penny