Thread: Spin n Glo

Talking Spin n Glo

Just curious what colors work best in Alaska rivers for kings?

Default IF

if it is ahead of bait they can't see it anyway - it just protects the bait to last longer and gives a thump thump in the water for them to key in on....

Now - flossing color for reds - Green is the ONLY way to go!

if it is ahead of bait they can't see it anyway - it just protects the bait to last longer and gives a thump thump in the water for them to key in on....

I agree but alot of folks seem to think that black works better.

Good fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Rovingarcher View Post
    Just curious what colors work best in Alaska rivers for kings?

An old river guide once told me that every color works as long as it's orange

If I were you I would pick a couple of colors and not worry about the other 100 combinations that are out there.

Default Yeah color doesn't matter at all......

Quote Originally Posted by forgotvirginia View Post

I agree but alot of folks seem to think that black works better.

Good fishing
    Color, size, and placement of the spin in glo matter... But, I hope all those folks that don't think they matter keep believing that... Also, every so often u will get a spinning drift bobber that has a particular fish catching action.... These are invaluable.

Default well then

come on Tyn - You spend some time on the H2O - - give us some of the goodies. How far up - what size - what color....I am partial to a blue corkie on Ship - not sure of the size....also like my ship roe really dark - same with Kenai. In the valley - sea salt cure seems to be the ticket some days...bigger river bigger spin-n-glo - -

The main reason for a spin and glo is vibration and to protect the eggs below.

Talking Colors...

I waqs just getting your opinions.We have a run here now in the local creek, and last season I had great success with light pink and pearl combo...like a blend of both.This year I am hitting on orange tiger stripe.I believe you as color don't really matter.GR

color and size matters,and i agree that action on certain spin n glows do catch more then others......

I read an article in STS or something years ago that reccommended the reflective mylar wings. I went to those and like to use them. Maybe it adds more flash, or maybe I am just more confident and am willing to leave it in the water longer or something, but for me that is what I choose. As for color I am not as sure, but tend to go with two color options; orange and white or orange and chartreuse, sometimes orange with black tiger stripes sometimes white with orange dots, whatever strikes my fancy. I do try to get the reflective wings though.
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Default Everyyear is different...

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    come on Tyn - You spend some time on the H2O - - give us some of the goodies. How far up - what size - what color....I am partial to a blue corkie on Ship - not sure of the size....also like my ship roe really dark - same with Kenai. In the valley - sea salt cure seems to be the ticket some days...bigger river bigger spin-n-glo - -

I go on color binges... Seems though chartruese, silver, hot red, hot pink, pink, black, blue, silver, metalic charturese, purple.... I often am a custom color guy and do some crazy stuff. Don't catch any more the others, but I am known for seting up small groups of friends w/ different colors and combos and enjoy getting the report back of what is working...

I would have to say that I have a huge preferance for florecent colors, metalic colors, and dark colors... Dark water = dark color, clear water = metalic colors.... always exception to the rules and I will take luck over being good any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post

may be just by accident many times, and this when I use a vibrax, when the sun comes out I go darker, when the clouds come out I go brighter. Typically works out pretty good.