Thread: Big Lake ice Depth???

Default Big Lake ice Depth???

Hey all... i dont know about you but it is about time for ice fishing. I would like to get out on the lake for some ice fishing next sunday if possible, and was just wondering what the depths of ice were. Im looking for 3 inches to get out on the lake so, any info would be great. vance

Default ice

Don't know about now, but late last week it wasn't frozen at all.

Default 11-4-06

Majority of the lake is not frozen, coves had some ice. About 2PM yesterday.

Seen some idiots out on wasilla lake yestarday, way to early to be on the lakes in south central areas. We just got cold a week ago. Patiance is key to not becomeing a statistic in the paper!

Thumbs up local ice thickness

I stopped by Cheney lake Friday after work and it did not look too stable. There were a lot of discolored areas and to me a few small northerns are not worth going through the ice. However, yesterday I checked Mirror lake (North of Eagle River) and there was a good 4 inches of ice. I would stay away from the larger/deeper lakes for a while longer yet. I would guess that the majority of the smaller shallower local lakes should be good to go for this comming weekend. I know I will be out on one of them!

Well on sunday i saw a hockey team out on delong lake so i know that that lake is good... so i will probably just stay in town and try my favorite lake... but everyone keep me up to date on ice conditions... vance

I am trying to compile a list of ice conditions and ice fishing reports in the Alaska forum on http://Ice Shanty I need help as I rely on others to tell me or post them there. I am also compiling a list of lakes where people can find info on them and post fishing reports there. I can use some help on the lakes in the Matsu-Anchorage area.

Thanks

hey i could not find the actual article/link to post on that website. any help would be appreciated, vance