Thread: ABC RV rentals

Default ABC RV rentals

Can anyone tell me how ABC RV rentals are? I am wanting to rent an RV and it is between them and Great Alaska Holidays. ABC is a lot cheaper in price and I am on a budget...so iwas wondering if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with them. I have rented from Great Alaska so i know they are good.

I rented one from holiday and the next week, ABC (Long story) The rv at Abc was nicer, and much more personal service. I would use them again over anyone.

Check into thier extra charges as they will probably be more when it's all added up.
    i.e. generator charges, cleaning charges, toaster rental, coffee maker rental etc.

Exclamation

I have a friend who rented past two summers from ABC…the RV seemed OK and I don’t believe she had any problems. It was one of the smaller ones. Not sure if both charge for generator use but that can add up.

Grt AK Holidays looks like they have a half off promotion going…not sure what ABC has. Get tire insurance tho…I had a blow out once and could have cost a couple hundred bucks. I know that week in the RV cruising Alaska was the best time I’ve had in years.

Grt AK Holiday Promotion
    http://www.greatalaskanholidays.com/Specials.htm?gclid=CMqzudDjgpsCFRwpawodyGFDdQ

ABC
    http://www.abcmotorhome.com/

PS…No affiliation…Neither sponsors our show.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

I have lots of trouble getting ABC to contact me when I need some info from them about buying an rv so I went to GAH. They run a first class operation and everything is included in the price of their rv rentals. They take very good care of their rv's, so much so that we ended up buying one from them.

Thumbs up ABC

I've had good personal experience with ABC and referred a lot of people to them over the years with no negative feedback. Hopefully you'll have the same experience.

M

Default Rv rentals

Not sure about ABC but haven't heard anything bad.
    Last year we rented from Clippership and they did a good job with good service and no hidden fees.

This year we just (2 months ago) bought an rv from GAH after shopping around. We liked the way they provided service and how they maintained their rv's.

Good luck and have fun. We love our new rig!

Default Coming from a 13-time repeat client....

Another vote for Great Alaskan Holidays.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Thumbs up Welcome Aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by simbalewis View Post
    Can anyone tell me how ABC RV rentals are? I am wanting to rent an RV and it is between them and Great Alaska Holidays. ABC is a lot cheaper in price and I am on a budget...so iwas wondering if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with them. I have rented from Great Alaska so i know they are good.
    simbalewis-

Welcome to the forum!
    I have personally rented for a couple of two week 'adventures' with ABC...
    AND in less than two weeks (hopefully) it will be my third time with ABC.
    You could say, I am a happy, repeat customer!

I have shopped around. ABC has NO hidden fees, no 'pay as you go' fees to make you feel like you always have some meter running...
    Linens and most dishes / utilities included... and you can rent a cooler / chairs / grill from them for ~$5/ ea, IIRC.
    You know up front what your bill is, barring any 'off-road misadventures' and the like!

Their service department has always been most responsive, (OK, except when I had to put my head inside the oven to light it!)

My one complaint, if you will (which is probably a mixed blessing in disguise) is that they close ~1800,
    so if you have an evening flight arrival, you are welcome to get dropped off and find your name on your RV and unpack and sleep in it.
    They will check you out the next AM and give you the ignition key.
    Beats having to get a hotel IMO. Diner next door is / was open evenings.
    It was just me in the RV... I had an absolute blast! Loved the spontanaeity of travel... and the ever-ready toilet and fridge!

Furthermore, I recently rented (out-of-state) with Cruise America for a weekend of auto racing work (no, not NASCAR).

Cruise America required add'l purchase of THEIR toilet paper, THEIR water condiioner, and offered no linens or dishes.
    Nice RV, but the traveling billboard, well, whatever, and there was some add'l generator charge.
    They also couldn't say where a nearby full service RV station was...
    BUT they did take time to explain the extra charges if returned NOT fully serviced.

Oh, did I mention I was pleased with ABC RV Rentals in Anchorage?
    The nearest full service station in Anchorage is the Chevron station on the SW corner of Old Seward and E Int'l Airport Rd, across from the Peanut Farm.

Email me if I can offer you further information. YMMV.

Remember to take along a copy of your home auto insurance card, for whichever company you choose!

Safe Travels!
    Doc