Thread: could not order bullets from Midway?

Default could not order bullets from Midway?

So I tried to post an order with Midway. When I went to check out it would not let me and posted the following notice to me.

Your city or state law prohibits us from shipping any part of a cartridge to your shipping address. Due to shipping regulations, smokeless powder cannot be sent to Alaska or Hawaii.
    Please remove the item(s) from your Shopping Cart and begin the checkout process again, or close this window and try entering a different shipping address. NOTE: We cannot ship to a P.O. Box by UPS or send hazardous materials (e.g., aerosols, flammable liquids, loaded ammunition, primed brass, and etc.) by USPS.
    Notice the portion that says "ANY PART OF A CARTRIDGE" So much for me getting reloading stuff from Midway.

I don't buy from midway cause they jack up the shipping prices...natchez shooters supply will ship in a flat rate usps box.

And Graf's,although a bit higher on prices,doesn't charge for shipping. It pays to compare.
    http://www.grafs.com/

Default Midway-

I just recieved an order for 1000 224 bullets from Midway. I use them and Natchez for all my reloading supplies. I'm going to try Midsouth and Graf's but Midway has always given me first rate service, no issues.
    sbsmith

Quote Originally Posted by sbsmith View Post
    I just recieved an order for 1000 224 bullets from Midway. I use them and Natchez for all my reloading supplies. I'm going to try Midsouth and Graf's but Midway has always given me first rate service, no issues.
    sbsmith
    Same here.

I think its only primers and powder, but then I live in Michigan. And the hazmat bites so I buy powder/primers localy.

I didn't mean any against Midway with my post. They for YEARS have ALWAYS given me FIRST RATE service.

I just received all kinds of things from Midway to my PO box.

Talking issues

It seems to me that the issue is with your city or state, not Midway. I've done the majority of my business with them with no issues at all. Good luck.
    If you like getting kicked by a mule...then you'll "love" shooting my .458.

Midway actually has a pretty jacked up records keeping and order management system, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if they had a computer error.

There is another person in my town with a similar name, and we keep getting each other's orders, even though the address looks right before hitting "submit order"

I've called them about this several times, and while very polite, were incompetent.

My last order was with them 2 weeks ago, and it will be my last order with them. If they can't figure out a simple e-commerce database, then they can't have my business.

Midsouth is my mail order supplier of choice. They have good prices and fair shipping.

I did recently place an order with Midway because they were the only place I could find that had a couple of bullet molds I wanted in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Maydog View Post
    It seems to me that the issue is with your city or state, not Midway. I've done the majority of my business with them with no issues at all. Good luck.
    My city is Eagle River Alaska and I was ordering crimp dies and bullets. I then tried to have it sent to Palmer Alaska and got the same notice. Been ordering from them a long time and this was not my first Rodeo. That is what had me so PO'd

I tried going with Midway for supplies and was told that their online system will not allow shipping to AK, if I ordered over the phone or by fax, it went through just fine. Their shipping system that is built into the web page doesn't recognize AK as being part of the continental US, and therefore tries to utilize international shipping.

The people on the phone were most helpful when I made my last order.

HTH

Well that might be what was up. I was on the computer doing an internet order. Hummm? perhaps I will turn off my Hater switch..LOL

I have been dealing with Midway way over 20 years and since moving to Palmer in 2000 only by internet. In all this time I have never had a shipping problem at all with them. In fact I just got an order of brass and bullets from them last Friday in the mail. So they must have some software glitch needing fixed. Did you email them about your problem?
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I've never had an issue with ordering from Midway.
    Now what ?

I just received a delivery from them last week with no problem and I'm in Eagle River also. Something's messed up somewhere.

Well, for what it is worth they just accepted my order, which included bullets.

Use MidSouth Shooter Supply or Grafs. Midway screws Alaska customers - but they don't have a few items that others don't stock. And they give away the free ginormous catalog.

Default Shipping bullets and brass from Midway

I recently sent an email to Midway asking about their shipping policy and received the following reply:

Thanks for your email.

We have no restrictions on bullets or brass to Alaska, but we're unable to ship powder, primers or ammunition (or chemicals prohibited from Air Shipment) to AK, HI or PR. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

Please let us know if we can be of further help. Thanks for your business!

Sincerely,
    Brian
    Customer Service
    MidwayUSA

Hope this helps