Thread: Gulakana bleak reports..klutina reds

Default Gulakana bleak reports..klutina reds

Heard they are possibly going to 1 fish this week and even on a more meager note closing the season next week? Got this call from a fella fishing it, and is there currently dunno if he got that from FG or heard it...any credit to it?

He's fished this river every year for the last number of years now.....so to me it has value, he knows the game with ADFG.

He also hit the klutina, said the fishing was poor at best...he got skunked, and he's fished this river for years!!!

Default Returns

I think everyone needs to relax a little. Everything seems to be behind this year. It is still really early in the season and we have all been there when it seems one day someone flipped a switch and the fish are just in thick. The sky is not falling...we may as well go freak out about global warming while we are at it....

Default Monday, June 15th King Emergency Order Begins

Here's the Emergency Order for the Upper Copper River just released. (3-KS-02-09)

http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/state...203%2DInterior

So tell me again when they're stopping the commercial fleet at the mouth? Why is it the people taking the lea$t amount of fish get puni$hed?

Quote Originally Posted by snowcamoman View Post
    So tell me again when they're stopping the commercial fleet at the mouth? Why is it the people taking the lea$t amount of fish get puni$hed?
    Those at the mouth of the river are organized and have more money!

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by snowcamoman View Post
    They have:
    http://csfish.adfg.state.ak.us/newsr...ies=400&num=10

Default Worst case...

I looked over the old EOs. The Gulkana has not been closed for the last decade. Now that being said....does anything think it will actauly be closed down for king fishing, period? I could care less about retention, I just wanna scream some drags.

wow shehateme....so the sky is falling..sheesh! I was just curious if anyone heard anything....and I guess what I heard DID have merit, so before you crucify a guy for asking, maybe you shouldnt say anything at all...now on to global warming

Default Only a short closure for Commercial

Just saw that MrFish, thanks.
    So it looks like they shut down the commercial guys for a whole 6 days (June 7-13). Maybe it will continue longer if the numbers don't come through Miles lake. It would only make sense that they keep the commercial operations shut down until they get the numbers past the sonar and start to show more Kings in the test-wheels or however they measure King counts down there. It would only be fair to stop the commercial crowd until they get the numbers required. That seems to be what they do to the Sportfishing/Dipnetting/Subsistence crowd. It just seems amazingly foolish that people up-river suffer after that fact. Does the logic for the regulation writers go something like this.. Oops, we didn't let any Kings into the Copper river, now let's shut down the people up-river?

Default My bad

Quote Originally Posted by TradBow View Post
    wow shehateme....so the sky is falling..sheesh! I was just curious if anyone heard anything....and I guess what I heard DID have merit, so before you crucify a guy for asking, maybe you shouldnt say anything at all...now on to global warming

I was just being optimistic...I stand humbly corrected.
    I just hope to god they don't close it down it will screw my whole trip....i will crap a kitten if they do...

Quote Originally Posted by SheHateMe View Post
    I was just being optimistic...I stand humbly corrected.
    I just hope to god they don't close it down it will screw my whole trip....i will crap a kitten if they do...

If that happens you can always use it for Pike bait!!!
    Just Kidding of course.....................................or am I?? ?? ??

Default Logic

Com fish logic says that if the commercial guys are catching fish, there are plenty of fish. They use the commercial catches to measure run strength. Its based somehow on suspected percentage of a run that the nets can capture. Well, if the percent caught is wrong, the run strength guess is wrong as well. So when the sonar counts remain low, restrictions take place in river. Problem is, most of the commercial effort has already taken place by the time that happens. Then if at the end of the season a river doesn't make escapements, but the commercial fleet has good catches, there is no correlation between the two, and inriver conditions are to blame.

Hey if you crap a Sea Kitten PETA will be all over you for abusing it. Be carefull
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default Kitten

It's going to be a full grown tiger.... Anyone want to put out odds that it stays open?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SheHateMe View Post
    ....i will crap a kitten if they do...
    Sorry Ron, i ate your chocolate Kitten