Thread: Eagle river

Exclamation Eagle river

The river is very high right now. there are a couple of logs across part of the river between the two bridges by the campground. We missed the pullout to scout out the rapids and we hit some class4+ water and got pinned up against the logjam/rocks. had to pop one raft, but everyone made it out ok...Dad fell in and got pinned for a couple of minutes, but other than that everyone else got out ok.

jeez dude the hell with rafting eagle river, id never wanna deal with that...do you remember the flooding of campbell creek a couple years back, jeez that was nasty, we floated from folker to dimond and lost 2 rubber rafts, and our girlfriends who were in one raft that popped almost drowned before we could pull them out....i mean that water was HIGH and SWIFT as ****...

Default Eagle river

If I was to float eagle river I would get out where the bridge on hiland goes across the river. Below that I would not be interested in floating.

The Campground Rapids section is a lot of fun right now, but can be dangerous. Normally, the left side "chicken shoot" would be fairly easy, but with the extra wood in there it is not advisable. Nothing in the middle 3/4 of the river ever works. The far right side is the only good choice, but you need to scout it first to figure out where exactly you're going to go over the edge.

How did you miss all the warning signs at the scouting/portaging access? They weren't put there for color.