Thread: Delta River info

Default Delta River info

Anyone park at 212 on the Rich and put in and go up the delta towards upper Tangles? I know there are fall and such up there a ways but I just want to run what I can. Let me know how it is?

Thanks,
    GS

I have not doen it myself but have seen trucks and trailers parked there in the river bed. Also if you look on Google Earth you can see the trailers and you can see a boat or two in the river.

Had a friend who passed last xmas who told me it's like the rivers I run. Just wanted to know that people still run it. The blm website seem to say no motor boats on some parts and then ok on some. So I called Glenallen blm and they told me you could run a boat but not to because it too hard to read the river and it's silty on and on. I'm running Saturday and see how it goes. Just looking for clear creeks with grayling.

Anyone else?

Thanks,

GS

There are a couple of moose camps in there, thats why you see trucks and trailers there in the fall. Actually that is about the only time I've seen them there. You can run it.

You can typically run to within 3 miles of the falls. Once you get past Eureka Creek confluence, you'll be in clear water. Good fishing to boot. There have been some river changes in the rapids area's due to the flooding, but that's above the 3 mile mark. If the water is high enough, you could probably make it all the way up to the falls, but I wouldn't guarantee that.

There is also a camp with a trail going back to the pipeline access road about 10 miles from the falls. I've yet to see a vehicle that far out though.