Thread: Bait?

Default Bait?

Any rumors of bait on the Kenai yet? I did hear one today about Monday the 15th... Of course rumors being what rumors are.....

Another big jump in the counts today at 533 bringing the total to 4561. With the water vis being poor, the exploitation way low.... I would think that bait certainly is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Cheers

Default Can't be far away....

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanfishguides View Post
    Any rumors of bait on the Kenai yet? I did hear one today about Monday the 15th... Of course rumors being what rumors are.....

Another big jump in the counts today at 533 bringing the total to 4561. With the water vis being poor, the exploitation way low.... I would think that bait certainly is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Cheers
    To bad there is a dirrect coorilation between the increase in sockeye in the river and the sonar counts... It is ceartain the king numbers have increased, but no doubt that the sockeye plauge the accuracy of the king sonar.

Default Very much agreed

Quote Originally Posted by TYNMON View Post
    To bad there is a dirrect coorilation between the increase in sockeye in the river and the sonar counts... It is ceartain the king numbers have increased, but no doubt that the sockeye plauge the accuracy of the king sonar.
    I am totally convinced that the sockeye are corrupting the king numbers.

Hope the management decisions based on this sonar estimate are geared toward preservation/conservation vs. exploitation!

Cheers