Thread: The Slim Frame Glock.....

Default The Slim Frame Glock.....

Has anyone seen one or heard about the new slim frame Glocks? This slim frame was advertised on their web site some time back and a couple of models say slim frame but there seems to be no info about which models have it which don't or if they can be ordered with this new slim and trim design. I seems to reduce the circumferrence of the grip about a quarter inch in the larger frame guns. Also is everyone stocking up on hi-cap magazines? I can't find them anywhere, I need some for the G21.
    Last edited by Murphy; 06-11-2009 at 16:08. Reason: Geometry (d vs c)
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Default slim frame..

Hi Murphy,
    We had a Glock rep and about all their pistols at work the other day and a few of us shot the heck out of them. The slim/frame or short/frame or what ever has a a shorter reach to the trigger. They make it in the Mod. 21 and Mod. 30 and maybe one of the 10 mm versions. I have been playing with my Mod. 36 and Mod. 35 quite a bit this last week and really like them both. I will check into some magazines and send you a PM.

I own one of the new "SF" Glocks. I have a Glock 20SF. They are around. A little harder to come by since they really seem to be sought after over the standard grip by many. Feels better in my hand than the standard.

I bought my Glock 30 SF from GunRunners in Anchorage. Shorter trigger-reach and less palm-swell fits better for me. Had to call-around a lot and drive to Anchortown to get it, but it was worth the search. The slim frame is available on the 21,30,20, and the 29. Hi-caps are hard to find to say the least, maybe try Ammo King or AK Tactical in Anch. if you haven't already.
    Good Luck,
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by OATS View Post
    I own one of the new "SF" Glocks. I have a Glock 20SF. They are around. A little harder to come by since they really seem to be sought after over the standard grip by many. Feels better in my hand than the standard.
    I also have a 20SF. As I understand it, the SF designation is "short frame". I could not hold a full size framed glock comfortably with my small hands. I first held the 21SF and loved it. It feels like, to me, a mid-sized glock. All the material is taken out of the backstrap...

As you can see, its comparable to a 23C. Still fatter, but a HUGE improvement, IMO...

Wow! Nice dispaly hunt_ak, good job and thanks a bunch. I just grabbed one this afternoon, a 20SFin is about a 1/4" less circumferrence and fits my hands better. Now I can sell my GAP.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

The slim frame is the glock 36, its a single stack 45acp. The SF frames are Short fram. I have a 20SF and find the short frame glocks point better for me. the full size frame always pointed high. Steve has a 21sf at his shop you can check out next time you make it down the Anchorage.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Wow! Nice dispaly hunt_ak, good job and thanks a bunch. I just grabbed one this afternoon, a 20SFin is about a 1/4" less circumferrence and fits my hands better. Now I can sell my GAP.
    No problem, not every day I can show Murph somthin about guns Since you have the same one as me, once you get a load worked up for it....let us know!!

I picked up a Glock 20SF a couple weeks back. I really like the feel of it, still need to get out and shoot it though. I bought the lone wolf stock length barrel, ss guide rod with stock spring, and I have the 3.5lbs ghost connector that I will have put on later. The only ammo I could find was the buffalo bore 200gr. FMJ's at Boondock's. I now need to find some brass and bullets.