Thread: Road trip in Alaska

Smile Road trip in Alaska

Me and my family are going out of Anchorage on a road trip to Fairbanks. What places would you recommend visiting on our way there??? We are leaving on June 17, 2009 - to June 20,2009. Thanks

I just made that trip and back last week.

You'll have to stop in Denali NP, you could take the bus trip in the park, but it's an all day bumpy ride, and more time in a vehicle might not be what you are after.

Talkeetna might be worth the detour, there is a small museum with some interesting items, and a couple of decent resteraunts.

oh wow!! Thanks a bunch..Ill be looking foreward to that...

CNB,

If you have young children, please consider the Reindeer Farm just outside Palmer! Your children will remember that trip forever.

http://www.reindeerfarm.com/

Default Quick pit stop

Dont forget to have a quick bathroom break at the igloo. (there are no restrooms but plenty of bushes) I cant remember what mile post its at. I know its just north of Honolulu creek by a few miles. Its a good area to let the kids get out and stretch their legs. In case your not familiar, it used to be a hotel and gas station built to look like an igloo. Oh yea and stop at Arby's since we dont have one up here.