Thread: Reloading supplies in Fairbanks

Default Reloading supplies in Fairbanks

I'm moving to Fairbanks soon and I was wondering if there are any good places to buy reloading supplies in the area or does everything have to be mail ordered? Thanks, Mike

At this point we have empty shelves at Sportsmans Warehouse but have another place called Frontier Outfitters thats gets powder and primers and has some brass and bullets. It goes quick but does come in. They have a sister store in North Pole about 15 miles down the road. You cannot just mail order powder, primers or loaded ammo in Alaska like you can in the lower 48. Hazmat shipping etc. It can be done but it requires some hoop jumps. We have done a couple group powder buys here over the last few months. That works out good. If I were you I'd bring all you can with you to Alaska. If you are driving then check with the Canadians to see what they allow. There is a limit on powder, primers and loaded ammo you can haul through Canada.

What Snyd, said.

Bullets are available locally but the selection is limited and it is usually cheaper to mail order them as they do not require any fancy shipping.

Bring all you can of primers though. They are in short supply locally and we have had no luck with group orders as many mail order places are out of many types making a group buy difficult.