Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini fishaplooza

Default Mini fishaplooza

JohnSWA and I will be at the Russian River campground friday around 3pm through monday at noon. We are in steelhead site 19. If your out and about in the evenings come see us. We will be chasing some reds in the morning but will be putting the raft in and floating so it will be after 6 on saturday and sunday before we are back. Of course there will be a fire and lies too. so stop on by. Firday we should just be slumming around camp after about 2. we are hitting the russian in the early am and checking into our site at 2
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

I forget which campsite I will be at, but I will be there saturday and sunday. I will try to find you Saturday night.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Sounds good. We will have the fire, some cold beverages, and plenty of lies to share. Looking forward to meeting you.

Take pictures. I expect a promising reds report
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    Sounds good. We will have the fire, some cold beverages, and plenty of lies to share. Looking forward to meeting you.
    You met me on the ODD float last May, on the Kenai. anyhow I will recognize you or your truck. See you there.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

Chuck
    I know it won't be dark but will you be having the ceremonial lighting of the LANTURN OF DEATH!!!

No Lantern is need this time LOL thanks Dave. Ill save that for the real Fishaploooza

Fishapalooza mini or not is not the same without the pre 4th of July firework lantern lighting!!!! Either way, we're gonna have a blast and hopefully catch a few fish. I'm chomping at the bit and sharpening the axe... oh wait a minute, that's a Megadeath song. I'm still shaking in my boots and can't wait for my first of three trips to God's Country this year. Maybe someday I'll convince the other half to come up here for ever! Well, at least she'll have travel benefits to visit me once in a while! Tight lines to all and come on down to the mini "Palooza" if ya can!

Well, it looks like I'll be getting a head start on all of you weekenders. We'll be there Wednesday through Friday. I'll be floating the Russian from the falls down to the confluence in my packraft on Wednesday before the fishing starts, then hopefully putting a fresh red on the grill and another in sushi rolls on Thursday.

Sorry to miss you, Chuck, but I just can't miss opening day.

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    Chuck
    I know it won't be dark but will you be having the ceremonial lighting of the LANTURN OF DEATH!!!
    :-)

When lighting a fire, you know the wind is gonna blow - oh, I think your eyebrows will grow back again in time.

Anyone else need a copy?
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Well, it looks like I'll be getting a head start on all of you weekenders. We'll be there Wednesday through Friday. I'll be floating the Russian from the falls down to the confluence in my packraft on Wednesday before the fishing starts, then hopefully putting a fresh red on the grill and another in sushi rolls on Thursday.

Sorry to miss you, Chuck, but I just can't miss opening day.

I knew you would be there for the opener Brian. Just leave a few fish for those of us that have to work on thursday.

Soggy, I have the song burned on CD and it will be played at camp. Thanks again

I'll be there Wed thru Sat. I forget what site we are in this year but I think is is over in the Steelhead loop. Hope to run into some of you guys and put some faces to the names. I'll be in a big black Ford F-250 with a pop up camper on the bed. The Ak license plates are "FISH 1".

I knew you would be there for the opener Brian. Just leave a few fish for those of us that have to work on thursday.

Soggy, I have the song burned on CD and it will be played at camp. Thanks again
    During the ceremonial lighting of the LANTURN OF DEATH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSWA View Post
    Fishapalooza mini or not is not the same without the pre 4th of July firework lantern lighting!!!! Either way, we're gonna have a blast and hopefully catch a few fish.
    Might not want to talk about having a blast, while they are talking about the lantern of death. You might get more than you bargained for.

Just leave a few fish for those of us that have to work on thursday.
    Work? What is this work you speak of? That word seems vaguely familiar, and yet...

Don't they cancel work in June and July?

I'll be down there Wed.-Thur. Chuck, I'll try and get a report up on the other site when I return.

I'd post one here, but....<grin>......They'd probably ban that too.....

I am in spot #47 in the rainbow loop? It is listed on my reservation as rain.

Default Practice Round, Eh?

Hey Chas! What's this 'mini-paloozini' of which you speak??

Heck (if I can get through a few the current mine field attempting to ruin my plans, but as of yet - not successful) -- I'll be back in AK on the 24th...
    but not in time for this wee version!

Have a blast - I'll accept 'pointers' learned, when I arrive the following week!

Oh, and Hippie - you're a pi$$-tol!
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Fly Guy View Post
    I'll be there Wed thru Sat. I forget what site we are in this year but I think is is over in the Steelhead loop. Hope to run into some of you guys and put some faces to the names. I'll be in a big black Ford F-250 with a pop up camper on the bed. The Ak license plates are "FISH 1".
    You know my truck we met at the job site. we will hook up for sure

Site 73 in the "RUSS" loop. Not sure which one "RUSS" is...but it's the furthest down the road on the right. We'll be there Wednesday night with friends and three little ones, Thursday night just the wife, child, and I. Stop by to say hello if you're around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast