Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mathews Dealer

Default Mathews Dealer

Where is there a Mathews dealer in Anchorage?
    Marc Theiler

Bill over at Back Country Archery is our Mathews dealer here in Anchorage. He is located on Arctic Blvd., make a left on Arctic from Tudor or International. He is over the five sets of railroad tracks right on the left hand side, in the large Oarnge warehouse.
    Steve

Default Thanks

Steve, thanks a lot. Perfect reply. You have me every bit of information I need. Very much appreciated.
    Marc Theiler

Default .

Tell Bill I said Hello, I was gonna recommend him as well. What are you looking to get? Goodluck.

Default Repairs

I just need to get my peepsight fixed, the rubber hose broke after shooting it a bit in the cold. I've had my Mathews for like 6 years or so, and it was just worn out. I might pick up some arrows as well. I haven't been to his store yet.
    Marc Theiler

Man these forums are awesome for an AK newbie. I was just thinking about asking this very same thing this morning. My wife and I both shoot mathews and thinking about getting my son a new bow now that he is growing out of his youth browning. Looks like my daughter will inherit that for a while.

Default Mathews

Yeah, I'm in the neighborhood for some new arrows and broadheads as well.

Can't hardly beat a Mathews. I've had mine now for at least 6 years.
    Marc Theiler

His hours are 12-6 tue-Sat..

I wonder what Mathwes is going to come out with in 07
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    I wonder what Mathwes is going to come out with in 07
    I am wondering the same thing! I have been shooting my LX for several years now and although the switchback has been very tempting, I just can't justify trading up that often. It's never let me down yet!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Default 20 years ago

archers were shooting 300 scores using the technology of that time.
    I was reminded of that while visiting PSE in Tucson. Some of the best scores ever shot are dated from the 1980's or past.
    Yes archery is like any other sport, or science. constantly working at getting it easier and better using lighter stronger materials, making things more quiet and less vibration. I shoot a bow still that will throw an arrow thru the cronigragh at over 300 fps, and I even won the over 100 yd shoot with it last winter at a shoot in AZ. this bow is 18 yrs old. my arrows are from the same era. I shot that meet with old carbon aluminum arrows called ACC's. They had a big old sasquatch set up with a foam target in the kill zone. the rules were that you could not use your range finder, and you had to pay a buck an arrow. I pinned the kill zone at 115 yds, and shot. I got him in the neck, my next arrow was at 110 yd pin, and was my best shot. I shot two more arrows to see if I could do better, but was left of the red spot due to a little breeze.
    There were 284 arrows fired at the Target, and at the end of the meet, I recieved a envelope with 142 dollars in it, or half of the total take.
    I had one of the oldest bows around I think...
    my neighbor and I go out after Grouse and Bunnies and he shoots the newest mathews bows, and they are certainly nice, and so quiet, but like you said, If your equipment is working great for you, then its good enough..
    Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

I would like to get another one, but I love my Q2XL
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default canoe

Canoe, yeah I would agree. I shoot my 7 year old Mathews just fine and have no reason to get another. In fact I am really looking at getting into bare bones traditional bows. If you can shoot, you can shoot, that simple.
    Practice and good old fashion atheletic talent is more important. Although I do love the way my sweet baby shoots.

One bow I use to like in the beginning till it messed me up on a huge ten point buck while living in the blue ridge mountains in Virginia. The Oneida Screaming Eagle, remember that bow? The bow that had the limbs that would bend in. I have no idea who came up with that bright idea. Just one more than on a bow to go wrong. Huge 10 pointer, 15 yards in front me, 15 years old, staring right at me broadside in the middle of an old logging road. I slide off my four wheeler and pulled back the bow right to shoot, still the huge 10 pointer just stood there. I released my old cow hide finger tabs and I hear, WHAAMP, and the arrow flys end over end and lands at the gigantic whitetials feet, still standing there, looking, laughing.
    I was dumbfounded, and bewildered. I looked around for the culpreit, what happened? The GD bottom limb hit the handle bar on the 4 wheeler, snaping the string and causing the irrational flight of the god forsaken arrow. Don't get me started on the Eagle...
    Marc Theiler

Default Screaming eagle

they are alive,, but I don't know how well..
    http://www.oneidaeaglebows.com/
    I remember them at the shoots all the time. the three D shoots had a big following of them back in the late 1980's.
    the company almost went under and a guy bought it and is trying to revive it. The bows now have about 70 less moving parts and are attempting to earn some respect.
    I had a buddy that shot one and they were actually very fast bows, We killed a couple of Javelina on a weekend trip to San Carlos Apache Indian reservation back in the day..
    I remember that trip so well.. we paid the $10 bucks to go on the land, and we were fishing at a water pond for bass,,,, up walks about 20 head of horses owned by the Apache indians. the horses had come for water..
    I went to the truck and put some popped pop corn in a coffee can and shook it a bit for the horses to think I had some grain..
    well I caught a couple of those Desert Nags, and me and my pardner rode those horses around bareback for 2 days hunting down in some pretty cool canyon country.. the horses were broke, and I fixed up a couple of Bailing twine halters and headstalls with a Bosel type set up for control.. We had a blast... the horses did not think it was that fun.. but we hunted like a couple of wagon burners with bows for that weekend.. If those Apaches would have caught us riding their stock, we would have had a running battle with um for sure.. we hid the steeds in a patch of Junipers and drove around the reservation until we found a bale of hay we could use for feed...
    Well, we shot those Javelina and tried to tie them onto the horses to haul them out,, I ended up putting a coat over one of the horses heads and strapping the pigs on tight so they wouldn't fall off if we had an explosion..
    I walked out leading that horse.. when we got done with the horses, we turned um loose they stuck their tails straight out and and they headed off at full gallop..
    I wondered if anyone was ever able to get them to come to a grain bucket again.... Horses don't like to eat pop corn... I remember how the horse would take a mouthful of the stuff and chew it for a minute and them spit it out,,, real funny stuff....
    Max
    Last edited by Alaskacanoe; 11-08-2006 at 22:31.
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Default That's cool

That's a good story, sounds like a good time. That picture just makes me grin. Why in the world would someone want to revive that? It's like reviving a members only jacket. They were fast bows though, a little bit faster than my first bow, a junior Fred Bear special. I once saw a spike buck catch my arrow in it's teeth, sloooooooooooow.
    Marc Theiler

I shot a PSE for years and years... I probably would still be shooting that old bow but the airlines lost my bow on a whitetail hunting trip to Canada this fall. So I was forced to buy another bow. I looked at many bows out there but settled in on the Mathews Switchback XT. It is still early but I think I'll like this bow, it just fits me nice and I can shoot real well with it.

Mathews is comeing out with a nother conquest bow..This one has the standerd cabel guard ..And one more small bow ..Side Note

I also have an Lx and loved it..After seeing whats has been comeing out Of Mathews ..I dont see a need to upgrade..In fact if i do get a nother bow it would be A hoyt..But reguardess of what bow i get The LX stays..

I agree there is nothing I see that I want.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Yup, my LX has done me right for a while now. Can't wait to try it out on these northern critters.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

I do need a back up bow, I'm thinking of finding another Q2XL or getting a FX
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Classic is not too bad ..Has good speed ..I just cant see paying over a dang grand .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast