Thread: Around Ketchikan Fly fishing

Default Around Ketchikan Fly fishing

Hi all,

I'm working at the Clover Pass Resort this summer and I know there is saltwater fishing readily available, I really want to break out the fly rod. I'm only 14 so i cant drive, and I would like to avoid a fly in trip due to the cost, so what can you recommend to me for fly fishing in the north of ketchikan clover pass area? Any creeks or lakes?

Also, I have a 5 weight and a 7 weight rod, would these suffice? Floating or sinking or sink tip or multi tip lines?

Thanks very much!

-Steelie-Stalker

There is only 1 creek past Clover Pass and that is another 2-3 miles at the end of the road. I know it has a salmon run, but have never fished it. i would think it holds some trout. If you go south a couple of miles you could fish Whipple Creek and there are trout in that small stream. Sorry, not a lot of options.

Good luck.

Thanks for the help, what about the possibility of getting to one by boat? We'll have the availability of 14' skiffs or 20' north river jet boats. Hopefully nothing too far...maybe the Naha?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelie-Stalker View Post
    Thanks for the help, what about the possibility of getting to one by boat? We'll have the availability of 14' skiffs or 20' north river jet boats. Hopefully nothing too far...maybe the Naha?
    Easy access boat, go north to the Settler Cove campground, the creek is right there. If you have access to a boat you could go another 5 miles north around the corner and fish Naha. Excellent steelhead and trout river.

Ask your boss Russell T. for directions.

thanks kingfisherktn!

Definately hop in one of the skiffs and run over to Naha. There are plenty of cutt's, some nice bows, and plenty of dollies. Fish upstream of the bridge.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery