Thread: Conventional Recoil for Winchester SS Model 70 .338

Default Conventional Recoil for Winchester SS Model 70 .338

I have a winchester model 70 338 with a boss. Trying to locate a conventional recoil for hunting. Haven't had any luck finding one on line in stainless steel for the 338. Any help would be appreciated. I will be in Anchorage later in month if anyone has one for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Hunt View Post
    I have a winchester model 70 338 with a boss. Trying to locate a conventional recoil for hunting. Haven't had any luck finding one on line in stainless steel for the 338. Any help would be appreciated. I will be in Anchorage later in month if anyone has one for sale.

????Just a silly question here....What is a conventional recoil???? This makes no sense.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Default CR?

Luv2hunt, do you mean the solid "CR" replacement for the BOSS? It takes the place of the BOSS to eliminate the muzzle blast from the BOSS. Really need to clarify what you are looking for. This would, in your words get you "conventional recoil". Mark
    Last edited by markopolo50; 06-08-2009 at 17:37. Reason: conv recoil

Quote Originally Posted by markopolo50 View Post
    Luv2hunt, do you mean the solid "CR" replacement for the BOSS? It takes the place of the BOSS to eliminate the muzzle blast from the BOSS. Really need to clarify what you are looking for. This would, in your words get you "conventional recoil". Mark
    Oh, yeah. I remember that's what that thing is called. I just couldn't quite grasp what he meant. OK, I'm smarter now.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Default CR

Yes, I'm looking for a CR. Any help where I could find one would be appreciated.