Thread: fishing season and rotten boots

Default fishing season and rotten boots

It seems every year I have dry rot somewhere or everywhere on rubber boots. Whats the deal I hang them up when I'm done using them and the end of season but it seams every year I gotta buy new boots. Is there a protectant a guy can store them with, in, on. I know there's some good rubber hip boots out there, who wears what?
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Default Hip Boots

I have a pair of Hodgeman boots that i bought new in 2003. I love these boots since they still work prefectly. I use them in the slough, king fishing, moose hunting, 4 wheeling. Oddly enough i just throw them in the gear pile that gets stuffed away for the winter and i have yet to have any problems with them. Maybe you just got a bad batch? Here's a link to the same boots from Cabelas.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...con&hasJS=true

Good Luck

Buy better boots!!!!
    I am wearing Simms G3's that are now 6 years old and still kickin'

I've had my ankle fit lacrosse for about 10 years now, and other then wearing some of the bobs off the soles, they are going strong, well I haven't inpsected them this year so hopefully that's still true.

If you just have a few small holes, get a tube of PL roofing flashing sealent from a box store, put it in your caulking gun and goop it on wherever there is a hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    I've had my ankle fit lacrosse for about 10 years now, and other then wearing some of the bobs off the soles, they are going strong, well I haven't inpsected them this year so hopefully that's still true.

If you just have a few small holes, get a tube of PL roofing flashing sealent from a box store, put it in your caulking gun and goop it on wherever there is a hole.
    Now, that thar is ghetto my friend.
    Y'all fix up yer fancy rubber pants whilst Brandine fixes yer vittles and pops out another young un'.