Thread: Where get Racor fuel filter?

Default Where get Racor fuel filter?

For a stern drive use (I think it has to be all metal unlike the kind used fo
    r outboards), where in Anchorage can I get a fuel filter that you can empty water from? Thanks.

Deweys, West Marine, Jackovich carries some. And I was told theres a place accross from Merril that carries them I'll try to get a name and post it later

Default Racor Fuel Filters

I recently had the same problem and had to do a little research on the availability and prices. If you have an inbored engine and intend to place the filter in the enclosed engine compartment, it must have the metal bowl on the bottom, not the plastic bowl to meet USCG requirements.
    WATCH CAREFULLY WHERE YOU BUY THESE UNITS AND THERE REPLACEMENT FILTERS - THE PRICES AROUND ANC VARY WIDELY!
    How stupid is it to be wasting tons of salmon and halibut as bycatch in the Bering Sea and then have the coastal villages hollaring they have no food? It's got to stop!

Default 2 more spots

There is a northern lights generator spot on International just East of Minnesota and also on International There is a strip mall that has a printing company in it on the South side of International between Shermin Williams and the the Bush company. After thought what about NAPA? The first 2 places had the high volume filters that I needed last summer.

Yes, it will be in an enclosed area. I will look for places and prices. Meanwhile, if anyone comes across any more places or prices please let me know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Deweys, West Marine, Jackovich carries some. And I was told theres a place accross from Merril that carries them I'll try to get a name and post it later
    The place across from Merril Field is probably Ace Supply. I have bought Racor from them before for construction purposes, not sure about the marine grade filters.