Thread: Valdez Campground?

Default Valdez Campground?

Can anyone recommend a campground in Valdez? We've never camped/fished there and want to try it out. We'll be there for a few days between July 26-Aug 8. I'd like to take the kids to fish Allison Point; any campgrounds near there? We're rolling a 26' Class C and don't need any fancy amenities, just something close to the fishing.

Anything else we need to do/see while we're in Valdez?

Thanks,
    Tim

Default Allison Point

The last time I was there you could camp right on Allison Point with your RV.
    "My rod and my reel, they comfort me."

Several campgrounds all around Valdez. We camped right on Alison Point last year, but it is right on the road. There is a campground on the right as you are driving into Valdez. It is more secluded and has more amenities. Anywhere you go, you are close (15 min) to the fishing. Have fun!

RV campground across from the small boat harbor. Forget the name. Call ahead and reserve a spot. Several spots on shores edge. Very nice.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Sea Otter Rv Park (907) 835-2787 2787 S Harbor Dr, Valdez, AK Nice and clean place to stay. Reasonable place to stay. Good fishing 25' from your camp spot if you get a spot along the coastline. Good bathhouse also.

Thumbs up

Ya...that's the one. My mom used to work the front desk there. Nice place w/good fishing.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Default Visitor Center

There is a new visitor center in Valdez. Just take the main road into town, look for First National Bank. About 100 yards past on the right is the new visitor center. (Yellow with fish on it.) They have maps of the town and all the information you need.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Wow, sounds good. Lotta camping options. My wife hasn't ever been to Valdez and I haven't been there in a long time. We'd like to check out the town and try for some pinks or silvers (for the kids). I think I'll give Sea Otter a try for now.

Thanks again,
    Tim