Thread: looking to buy a new boat any suggestions

Default looking to buy a new boat any suggestions

I am lookig at a new Thunderjet 21' Alexis clasic but am not dead set on this yet. new or used still up in the air can any one sugest a comperable boat and a delearship to use. I haven't found much in alaska yet, does any one know a good boat dealer in the states?

when the time comes for me to drop my hard earned dollars on the table for a big boat.......I'm really considering the Wooldridge Alaskan ll . Either the 18 and a half footer or the 20, not sure yet. It just looks like a darn tough boat for our rivers, and from what I understand......they are well priced too for being an welded aluminum boat. They seem to have many configurations too, soft tops, hard tops, consoles, tiller, etc.

------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Default other excellent boats

A agree that Wooldridge makes outstanding boats. The company has an interesting history first in Oregon and then in Washington. They've been making river boats for almost a century. Marita is the Anchorage dealer, and The Boat Shop sells them in Fairbanks.

Wooldridge has about half a dozen basic river boat models. I think they manufacture hundreds of boats annually, and regard themselves as a custom boat builder. They will build a boat to order with your choice of inboard or outboard motor, and will modify the boat's hull thickness or dimensions if you like.

Also, consider Silver Streak Boats in Anchorage. The owner Ben is an honest soul who is regarded as a first-rate boat manufacturer. He builds boats to your exact specifications, inboard or outboard powered. I have heard only enthusiastic positive things about his business and his boats.

Quote Originally Posted by loose moose View Post
    I am lookig at a new Thunderjet 21' Alexis clasic but am not dead set on this yet. new or used still up in the air can any one sugest a comperable boat and a delearship to use. I haven't found much in alaska yet, does any one know a good boat dealer in the states?

My buddy bought one of these from Shasta Inboard in Redding California. Great boat for running rivers, he is happy with it. I don't really have anything bad to say about the boat. It runs well although I do wish the deckspace was organized a bit differently on the back.

Thunderjets do hold a price advantage over many of the aluminum boats sold (check out siglers marine in Oregon). But there is a post on this forum of a guy who took his TJ out to the salt and busted some welds on his keel.

Sobie2

Default Horses for courses

This forum is a wealth of info, with many different models/makes being used.
    You should let us all know what you are looking for in a boat, destinations, usage, # of passengers normally carried, that sort of thing.
    If i was in the market, and had a reasonable budget, i would take a long hard look at the FireFish boats.
    Schwinggggg!

Traveland in Oregon saved 10k on my 22' thunderjet and hauled it up in 3 days ask for Rogerjr great guys love mine but needed something bigger for the ocean may consider selling.

woops traveland is in Kennewick Washington on the Columbia river.

Default still looking

we go up the big-su just past the Deshka were we are building a cabin. the boat is to replace the 18' Wooldrige we currently have. We are looking for something bigger and more compterable for my wife and I. We like the way TJ's ride and look.
    Quote Originally Posted by loose moose View Post