Thread: Another One Down

Default Another One Down

Well me and my buddy got another one early Sunday morning. Got in there about 2130 Saturday morning to see the bait was almost gone so good sign so far. Now it was time to look at the trail cam. Man ol man was I in for a treat!! 91 pictures of bear!! Two pictures with three balck bear at one time. About 90% of them have two bear at a time in them. Could not believe my eyes. So I tell Brad to lets hurry and grap our stuff and more bear bait and get up in the stands they are coming in here like crazy. So after we get all set up and re-baited we are in the stand by 2230. About little after midnight he came in barreling through the woods. Me and my Brad thought that this guy is bring an Army with him. He did his little walk to the stand taking his time looking up at us a few times. Then he jumps on top of the barrel looks at us again, I thought oh man this bear is going to run but we just let him take his time. He finally jumped down and takes a few bites of food. It gives me time to get the gun lined up. Then the guy decides to lay down. He lays down perfect and gives me a broad side shot. Gave him a good wack with the .338 and he ran about 50 yards or so. Got him all skinned out and he is measuring 5 foot 5-6 inches. Not to bad for my first bear! Now time to go out and get that hog that I have on trail cam. Sorry for the pictures of me and the bear told my buddy to keep his day job because he is horrible at taking pictures (way to blurry)!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

He is a few more pictures!! The first one I really like and to top it off it is the bear that is now in my freezer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default One word!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Default Nice

That's a great bear......I hope you got a few more pics though

Way to go man! Great first bear, and nice pics even if your buddy's are a little blurry.

Default Good Job

Great to here you scored on a great blackie. Good luck on the "Hog".

I always pack a little spotting scope tripod and set my camera on it. Hit the timer function and you will get the pictures you want. If the pictures are not good, you can't blame your buddy though.

Sportsmens has a nice little Nokin tripod for about $25.00. I use that one.

Congrats again! dedickjr what scent ball are you using??
    I am so happy for ya!! Steve is out setting our site today... FINALLY. Hope to be as luck as you.
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

baitem907 we are using the bacon flavor one. That thing still is going strong!!!

That is awesome! Bacon can bring in the browns but we put the black bear estrous in the recipe this year. Did you get many browns in?
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

No browns bears just black so far. Keeping our fingers crossed that none show up!!