Thread: Phenomenal service from Alaska Fly Fishing Goods

Default Phenomenal service from Alaska Fly Fishing Goods

I just wanted to make a post pointing out the phenomenal service I received from Alaska Fly Fishing Goods in Juneau, AK. I called the store on 06/04 and spoke with someone who was willing to spend 10-15 minutes on the phone with me. I purchased a couple fly rods (one for my dad) on the same day (06/04).

I was told by the individual who I spoke with that shipping would be approximately $10-$15 from AK to NY, but I noticed there were no shipping charges at all once I completed my order. It might have been because I purchased two fly rods rather than one, which I originally planned on, but Alaska Fly Fishing Goods paid over $20 for shipping that they could have passed on to me and didn't.

Again, I purchased the fly rods online on 06/04. They shipped out the same day (06/04) and I received them today (06/08). It often takes more time to receive orders from my own state! In addition, I received an email confirming my order on 06/04 and an email the same day indicating my order had shipped.

I cannot speak highly enough of Alaska Fly Fishing Goods. Be rest assured that you will be well taken care of if you purchase from Alaska Fly Fishing Goods.

Chad

Alaska Fly Fishing Goods
    175 S. Franklin Street
    Suite 207
    99801 Juneau

Default that's a great report

now if only shippers from the lower 48 could return the favor by NOT charging EXTRA for shipping because I live in a foreign country (Alaska). it's typical for shippers to charge us extra because we live outside the "contigeous US".
    really is upsetting.
    Glad to hear you got such excellent service from an Alaskan company.
    Gary

Gary,

Didn't you know we have to pay duty too...afterall this is 'western canada EH'

Default Best flies ever...

Alaska Flyfishing Goods is the real deal. My favorite fly shop now. Great service and super nice people. Best flies I have ever bought and I have bought from just about every place imaginable over the years. Top notch all the way. Great website as well. See below...

http://www.alaskaflyfishinggoods.com/

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Alaska Flyfishing Goods is the real deal. My favorite fly shop now. Great service and super nice people. Best flies I have ever bought and I have bought from just about every place imaginable over the years. Top notch all the way. Great website as well. See below...

http://www.alaskaflyfishinggoods.com/

Yeah It really is a good company, I bought some flies from them recently, they helped me over email pick out the flies that I needed, and ontop of that it only took like a day or two to get up to anchorage, thats like a week faster than everybody else.

--Chris
    A bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Agreed, I recently ordered some beads and they arrived in my mailbox in a day. I'm glad I have a reliable fly shop now that the one in Fairbanks is closing its doors beginning in August.

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Default another good vote

I order stuff from them on a fairly regular basis and have had nothing but great success. I live in Healy and it is hard to get good stuff in a timely manner but AFFG has always done a good job of getting me what I need. In addition to this they have thrown in free flies for me when I have ordered a bunch of one kind and this last time I ordered a mouse pattern just to try and without any prompting they included a hand written note about how to fish it and what conditions may be best. Bottom line its a great company that has earned my business indefinately.

If the boys at AFFG ever give you a hard time I'll razz them next time for you when I stop by, which is nearly daily. I am blessed to have that shop in my hometown...