Thread: G.Loomis Limited Lifetime Warranty

Default G.Loomis Limited Lifetime Warranty

I posted this inquiry in the poll that I posted, but I didn't get a definitive answer so I thought I would put it in a new thread. I am trying to determine, for possible future purchases and curiousity sake, whether or not the G.Loomis Limited Lifetime Warranty apply to the GL2 and GL3 fly rods.

According to the G.Loomis website, "GL pushpoles, Venture (Adventure) fly reels, Premier Rods (PMR) and GL fly rod outfits are covered against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of one year from the date of purchase."

I bolded the phrases of the above quote that make me think the GL2 and GL3 fly rods do not have lifetime warranties. Am I understanding the website information correctly?

Thanks,
    Chad

I don't know about the fly rods,,but I used the xpeditor service 3 or 4 times for my gl 2 hot shot rods......Sorry I can't help more than that.

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Man View Post
    I don't know about the fly rods,,but I used the xpeditor service 3 or 4 times for my gl 2 hot shot rods......Sorry I can't help more than that.
    Thanks for the reply regarding the G.Loomis Xpeditor Service. It does appear the Xpeditor Service applies to any G.Loomis rod, but the G.Loomis Limited Lifetime Warranty has exclusions. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Thanks,
    Chad

have you contacted gloomis yet? That would be the first place I would go.

Default No attempt to contact G.Loomis

Quote Originally Posted by TradBow View Post
    have you contacted gloomis yet? That would be the first place I would go.
    I haven't contacted them because I don't intend to buy a G.Loomis fly rod in the near future (I just purchased a Sage FLI). I guess I am curious more than anything. I would consider purchasing a fly rod from G.Loomis, but it would have to be reasonably priced (I am sort of cheap) and have a lifetime warranty. Others on this forum have pointed out that G.Loomis does have reasonably priced fly rods, but whether or not they have lifetime warranties is still to be determined.

Thanks,
    Chad

Default ahhh i can help

I have delt with G loomis's Warranty department many times. The warranty you have read is correct, its limited to 1 year, and after that you must use the expeditor service ( which can be good but can be bad ). I had a 7wt sage FLi that i bought for rainbows (orange right?) it turned out being a little too much as i also used it for reds and did fine. So i bought a Gloomis 5wt Streamdance. after half of a season's use, it broke on a red(go figure). So i went through the expeditor service and got a new rod sent to me, although it took 2 weeks (its supposed to only take 2 days). Well this time i upgraded to the streamdance glx which is a high priced rod. first fishing trip i went on it broke. Went to use the expeditor service with dear old "fran" (lady you will deal with) and again, the rod took a whole month this time to even arrive to me. They said a problem with the quality control and the computers... I dont know, Other than that the rod has been GREAT! My buddy owns a 6wt sage vt2... he loves the rod and will not buy a loomis now after what has happened to me.
    But i can tell you that not winston, sage, orvis, tfo, or lamiglass can give you a warranty like loomis can. You can take your rod and break it, run over it ect.... and have a 650$ rod brand new every year for 65$. Good deal IMO.

Even better deal if it only takes 2 days for the rod to arrive after notifying loomis.
    Go Fish

Default Expeditor is only fast if rods are in stock...

Quote Originally Posted by liv2fish87 View Post
    I have delt with G loomis's Warranty department many times. The warranty you have read is correct, its limited to 1 year, and after that you must use the expeditor service ( which can be good but can be bad ). I had a 7wt sage FLi that i bought for rainbows (orange right?) it turned out being a little too much as i also used it for reds and did fine. So i bought a Gloomis 5wt Streamdance. after half of a season's use, it broke on a red(go figure). So i went through the expeditor service and got a new rod sent to me, although it took 2 weeks (its supposed to only take 2 days). Well this time i upgraded to the streamdance glx which is a high priced rod. first fishing trip i went on it broke. Went to use the expeditor service with dear old "fran" (lady you will deal with) and again, the rod took a whole month this time to even arrive to me. They said a problem with the quality control and the computers... I dont know, Other than that the rod has been GREAT! My buddy owns a 6wt sage vt2... he loves the rod and will not buy a loomis now after what has happened to me.
    But i can tell you that not winston, sage, orvis, tfo, or lamiglass can give you a warranty like loomis can. You can take your rod and break it, run over it ect.... and have a 650$ rod brand new every year for 65$. Good deal IMO.

Even better deal if it only takes 2 days for the rod to arrive after notifying loomis.
    If the rods are in stock they are fast, if they are not in stock then u have to wait for them to build one... So, call the factory ask Fran if the rod is in stock, if not just warrantee the rod, just that plain and simple... They are very forgiving on the warrantee of their upper end rods and the best service you can get of course is just going into the factory in Woodland, WA... Where are broken rod in hand often is replaced w/ a brand new one no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2fish87 View Post

Ah, that makes more sense to me. So, the GL2 and GL3 have only 1 year warranties, but you can still use the G.Loomis Xpeditor Service after the year. It sounds like a great service, as you mentioned in your reply, but not so much for the lower end rods (GL2, GL3). Paying $65 every time a GL2 or GL3 breaks could get pricey, especially if they broke as often as the G.Loomis you had.

You mentioned you had a Sage FLI that was "a little too much". Do you mean it was too much for rainbows? How did you like it for reds? BTW, the rod is a dark orange or brown. I can't really tell, but it isn't all that attractive. I guess I don't care as long as it performs like I hope it will.

Thanks,
    Chad

Default yeah

its a dark orange. Actually my buddy broke his vt2 this last weekend and had to use my FLi for bows. He loved it for bows as the current was heavier than he expected. I have used it for reds and it is decent, If you have alot of current to deal with or alot of people around you (the russian) it definently would prove to be difficult. I actually bought a 12 wt for kings on the fly, and actually used the rod last weekend for reds and i loved it! Current had no effect but it still wasnt just horsing them in.

hope this helped.
    Go Fish

Chad,
    Great choice on the Sage! When you get through a season with it, would love to hear your particular experience.

Just broke a GL3 spinning rod, i think. So thanks all for the input.