Thread: prop boat in little su?

Knik, Alaska (Valley Trash West)

Default prop boat in little su?

I have tried to search for previous threads--not too computer savvy. Can you fish rivers like the little su in a Koffler style boat with a prop?
    Thanks in advance!!!

um... Wasilla...

Quote Originally Posted by toby.davis1 View Post
    Can you fish rivers like the little su in a Koffler style boat with a prop?
    Koffler makes several styles of boats, from small drift boats to large ocean cruisers, so... I'm not sure what you mean by a "Koffler style" boat. But, I've taken a small propped zodiak downstream of Burma landing on the Little Su a few times. Water can get thin for the first 1/4 mile or so, but it's pretty good after that. Upstream is another story... way too shallow for a prop.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

Delta Junction

Us freighter guys run up the little sue with props from the burma landing. Some guys have some pretty ingenious lift systems for their freighters. I ran a stationary syle lift transom and ran up the lil sue a few times. with a prop and skeg protector youd be surprised how shallow you can get with a prop!
    Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 03-15-2010 at 19:51.

I ran my Scott Hudson Bay on the Little Sue Friday, 20 HP SS. Downstream is fine
    during King season gets shallow during Silver season. Running upstream can get expensive in props. If you run rivers and props best to have some kind of prop protector.