Thread: What's So special???

Default What's So special???

'Bout this gun?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=130594816

$189,000???Holy COW!

Would you even fire the friggen' thing???

On the cheap gun the lion are eating the hunter for engraveing done by a dremil tool

Default High dollar guns

I have seen rifles cost more than that, check out the SCI auctions and look at their "Dangerous Game" large bore side by sides. But before I'd buy one of those rifles there'd better be a supercub parked in my hangar.

Default pretty fancy...

It is a fancy, engraved rifle with a beautiful piece of walunut on it. I would rather have a bigger boat, hunt Africa, or send grandkids to a college. Still, some can afford them and I am glad we still have craftsman to make them.

Default Ditto

I'd rather see fine craftsmanship on my custom aluminum boat and shoot my trusty old Ruger.

Crazy........

I'm going to e-mail the guy and see if he'd be willing to trade.

Let's see.......I have a savage .22 semi-auto rifle that's only had about 200 550rd. boxes of ammo through it. The rifle has been endorsed by "the small game gods", so it should be a pretty fair trade.

That's a good one Amigo, You're killin' me!

You just can't get much for your 189,000 dollars anymore. But just think you could buy that then turn it in for two rock concert tickets in Denver.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

They are looking for one of many fools that have more money then sense, and where keeping up with the Jones is a sport in itself, and that rifle would put him in the top ten of the "Boone and Crockett Book of Bragging"

Gorgeous. I saw similar ones over at the Blaser plant last year and watched the egravers at work. Being friends with Jim White, I know how much engraving is worth. He lurks here, maybe he'll chime in.

I would bet that there is $4-7K of gold in that one. I'm not going to comment on Mad Dogs pricing, however, suffice it to say I would be cheaper. But then again, he is just trying to get a retrun on his investment, I'm sure he shelled out at least $80K for it.

The gamble in those custom guns is the wood. You pay for the grain in the blanks, but you dont see the inside. I saw a presentation grade stok over there that was perfect except of the fact that there was a musket ball imbedded in it. Bought the blank, started to cut it and find out it worthless due to some last century battle!

I can do without the engraving but that wood is beautiful. I'm sure that is a dollar or 2 wrapped up in the stock.

I just want to put the first scratch in it.....ya know, hold down a barb wire fence with it or something!

They want all that money for a rifle and can't bother to at least iron the display cloth !

What are they thinking