Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lil Sue

Default Lil Sue

Looking for a update for Kings in the Lil Sue, are they starting to come in?
    20' Wooldridge Sport 08' 150hp E-Tec
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

Unhappy

Fishing has been Excellent ...it's the Catching that's been the problem. Not many King's showing at all. I know the Parks Rivers are now producing some low #s. Let's hope it picks up this week

well I am going to go give it a try this morning, at least it is going to be great weather and time on the water.

akhilux i saw you guys on the river today,sorry this report is getting to you late but it's very slow,were picking up a few fish here and there with a rare limit a couple times this past week,in 25 yrs of fishing the little su i'd say it's the worst i have ever seen,we normal have at least 8 to 12 good take downs in the am,this year so far my best morning has been 6 bites and 4 fish to the boat,today there was lots of traffic,with perfect water condition and a 7;30 am high tide,we got 2 strikes and lucked out with 2 fish,,,,way slow for this time of year. when we left at 12;30 there were 2 fish counted ours was 3 and 4,normal counts this time of year should be 75 plus for the weekend traffic. i have seen many early june weekends with counts as high as 100 plus....there's lots of rumors about nets fishing etc...which may be true,but even when the nets are fishing we still would catch a fair share of fish. So what should we the people do about our lack of fish,can someone out there please give us the golden answer. do we control the guiding industery,do we petition the gov. about the commercial fishing,do we shut fishing down,do we restrict the take of fish, maybe go to catch release.....lets here how we can resolve the situation.... i myself will be calling MR. rutz in the am. and after that i need to figure out how to get ahold of our famous gov....hope she has a few minutes....take care,and thanks for reading my ***** of the week fishing report....

Yeah, it seems to be a disappointing season everywhere so far. Don't know what the answer is but something should be done. We came home with a big goose egg. I only saw one landed. At least it was a great day to get skunked.

Default One option and a side note

Quote Originally Posted by sheep man View Post
    So what should we the people do about our lack of fish,can someone out there please give us the golden answer. do we control the guiding industery,do we petition the gov. about the commercial fishing,do we shut fishing down,do we restrict the take of fish, maybe go to catch release.....lets here how we can resolve the situation........
    I think we should let the troubled rivers (Deshka) reach or come close to reaching their "MINIMUM" escapement goal before anyone (commercial, subsistance, sport, etc.. ) is allowed to fish. Once the minimum escapement is reached then open the floodgates. We need to ensure the survival of this renewable resource for everyone.

On a side note, my son caught his first King on the Little Sue Thursday evening.

Talking Priceless

Kwikfish Lure $5.99,
    King Rod and Reel, $300
    17 foot G3 Jon Boat and Jet, $$$$ a bunch
    Watching your son catch his first King............... Priceless!

Red face Forgot to attach the photos

I messed up trying to attach the photos, here they are.
    [ATTACH]Shock n Awe.jpg[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up

great fish for your boy, right on
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

That smile is worth every penny. Thats what its all about, quality time with Family. Bet he is still Smiling. Congrats!!!

Blood in the boat sweet, the first one is always special; he will remember that for- ever good job.

great photo mad dog....thanks for sharring,,,i did swing by fish and game today and talked fish with one of the bio. dave rutz was not in,anyhow the numbers are low compared to past years,but not so low there going to do anything....today we fished 5 hrs for 2 strikes,one fish next to the boat pulled the hooks,anyhow the best day so far has been 34 fish last monday,number have been in the low to upper 20s this past week, normal fish take for this time of the year should be around 250 to 400 fish,current take is less then 150.... my gut feeling says were headed for skid row this season....oh by the way water condition are near perfect,guide effort has doubled due to the deshka being closed,so a simple mind should tell you that more fish should be counted not less.....if anyone out there is seeing the same thing,please pass this on to dave rutz.....

Default Very Nice

Great post Mad Dog,

I'm not sure who is happier in that picture.

Talking Little Su is Slow

Lots of fishing to be done on the Little Su, catching has been tough however. I went 10 hours with out a hook up with 4 people in the boat each time. We had bites but they were quick to let go. That is 40 fisherman hours for a fish, in the past the number has been less than one hour during this week. Today we boated three, one was 16" and I had 5 fisherman. Some of it may be increased boat traffic from the Deshka folks. The fish do not seem to care to be driven over that much. As for the other guides, there are only two guides from the Deshka fishing regularly as far as I can tell and I do not think that one of them has boated a fish in a while. So this impact has been fairly minimal. Most of the guides are down on their bookings and the guide traffic is at the most equal to a regular year. But mostly it is the low numbers of fish, I have only seen a handfull roll in the river and have not had them splashing their way through the holes as they come into the lower river like we had two years ago.
    Talking with other guides today most are feeling like a closure is not likely but if it were to happen it would probably be entirely to late. The up side...Well I am getting my honey-dews done this summer. See you out there, keep your lines tight.

Greg

Greg, i'm not asking for a closure to the river,maybe we shouldn't try and reinvent the wheel,look at the kenai,i was there durring the hay day and suffered the after affects,lets think together here and come up with a solution before it gets shoved down our throats. once again proactive not reactive greg.....

You got that right! :-)

Talking Proactive

I want my daughter to catch her first king on the Little Su so I can post a picture like the one above, that is awesome by the way. I had a 8 year old from Nebraska catch her first king and the grin was from ear to ear.
    I agree whole heartedly, be proactive and regulate the river. The problem is it is June 9th, the fish may be here any day and it is tough for the Biologist to shut the river down or make changes this early and an EO...I have no idea how that process works but I would guess it will take some time.

Greg

OK greg lets look at the numbers,and i hope i'm wrong,,,since 03 fish and games graph shows roughly 400 to 700 fish caught by 6/8 the total for this year 150 through 6/8 which by the way reflects my number to a tee, water condition are very good,guide numbers are up,which once again should reflect more numbers then less...please lord let me be wrong.....

just got back and out of 2 guys we had one hookup weighing about 30. Note on pay shack had 1 other caught for today as we left at 2:30
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by ironartist View Post
    just got back and out of 2 guys we had one hookup weighing about 30. Note on pay shack had 1 other caught for today as we left at 2:30
    OUCH!

Should be rolling into prime time, and the Tues number is two fish at 2:30 PM?

Time to let a few get by, folks. ADFG needs to step up.

C&R at the very least if they plan to keep it open 7 days a week.

Perhaps go to 3-day weekends only?

BUT.... participants need not wait on ADFG to declare an EO. There are tangible ways to limit your own personal impact on the run this year. If ADFG doesn't step up to the plate, you still can.

Voluntary pledge to non-retention unless the fish is mortally wounded?

Voluntary pledge to kill no hens unless she is mortally wounded?

Voluntary season limit of one or perhaps two fish tops?

It can be whatever you want it to be. Just make the pledge and do it!

If there was ever a time to tread a little lighter on the resource, this is surely it.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast