Default Hunting Poll!

Doing a study on hunting behavior.
    Have you:

1.)Hunted brown bear

2.)Never hunted brown bear

3.)Hunted brown bear guided

4.)Hunted brown bear drunk

Default Solo

I've hunted brown bear several times, and solo a few times. I've taken a 9'6" with a friend and a 8'6" solo. I've been on several other hunts with 8'+ bears taken. I've never hunted them drunk, but I may have had a Mt. Dew or 2 in me.

Never hunted brown bear. Someday I hope

I have hunted brown bear, though never very seriously, and have yet to shoot one. I'm not one for getting drunk, so I don't hunt drunk, either- the only alcohol ever allowed in camp is a shooter of brandy to have with a victory cigar.

1---- never extremily seriously
    helped 2 friends arrow griz on the north slope years ago....... one of them i missed with my recurve bow at ????10 yards beautiful seven footer partner arrowed it as it walked away from me past him.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default always hunt browns drunk!!!!

I cant sleep at night with big creepy crawlies running around in brown bear country, I hear things all night, I have a habit of listening too much, I can hear spiders, flies, mosquitoes, and the big furrrrrry things that stay up all night. I would rather be drunk.....
    I dont drink during the daylight hours, too busy looking for bears, once the sun goes down so does the wild turkey and lemonade,
    the bears usually come to you if you dont go running around stinking up the whole place, be patient, glass all day, then get drunk.
    what are you going to do when your done, and waiting for transportation to pick you up, bad weather days too, I learned from a guy, he said to bring enough whisky so you will take some home with you.
    I was successful,
    Im going goat hunting this fall, I am taking plenty of whisky, i will be drunk for most of the trip, i will be hunting late fall, so many bad weather days,
    Dont drink............................................. ...........

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default we should all know what to hum this one toooo!

I was Drunk the day Mom got outa prison and et bya ****ed ol bear!!!!!

yup hunt bears....

yup have beer for bears at camp.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Never hunted brown bear....but I sure hope to.

Taken two brown bear,one by myself.Have been backup to many others. This does not count town bears where one year we had seven taken in eight days and all by federal 1 1/4 oz.slug.One bear did take two shots

Default hunted

i have(do) hunted brown bear

Default Nope

Never hunted brown bear. Probably never will because it's too expensive for my tastes. Non-residents are required to hire a guide.

I prefer something I can hunt without a guide.

Default once

successfully self guided 2 big browns for my dad and me. the meat was not good to eat at all. more like jaw excersize as you chew and chew and the meat stays the same size.
    we both got big rugs and that block is checked for good. i do think they've hunted me since a few times.

Armando.

Make a note in your thesis that alcohol = liquid courage for some.

Only usually hunt brown bear as incidental species while hunting caribou or moose. Those that don't take brown bears that are seen in the area we hunt moose are not invited back.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

1. No, only as part of a caribou hunt
    2. Yes
    3. No
    4. Is there a purpose to this question? Most if not all ethical hunters will not ever venture in the field with a loaded weapon while drinking. I will not and will never share a camp with a person that drinks and hunts. At night before bed, having a night cap, ok, like willpish4food, a shot to celebrate that night, fine. All guns unloaded, all hunting for the day finished, ok one drink.
    You would have to be insane to hunt bears drunk, its a fine way to get Threadwelled and get returned to nature as bear scat.

1) Yes, I've hunted brown bear a few times

2) N/A

3) No

4) Only drunk on adrenaline. I've shot a brownie and a grizzly with my bow, both at 10 yards. Can't get that feeling through a bottle.

I have hunted brown bear once when my brother lived on Kodiak. Never with a guide or drunk.

Every year, but unfortunately I've yet to shoot one I can keep.
    Now what ?

Talking

I have hunted twice for them on Kodiak and came up empty handed both times !!
    Will hunt them again.
    No booze on hunts .

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

Default Have...

hunted Brownies...don't need a guide but I use a partner, old man who's very knowledgable in these parts...& no drinking when hunting...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast