Thread: Wrangell-narrows,blind slough kings

Default Wrangell-narrows,blind slough kings

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN UPDATE FOR THIS FISHERY, I WILL BE FISHING THERE JUNE 12-19, THE LODGE WHERE I'M STAYING SAYS THINGS HAVE GOTTEN ALOT BETTER, NOT SURE IF I TRUST THEM OR NOT. LOOKING FOR MORE RELIABLE INFO.

Default Been up that way

Lots of folks traveling up there from Coffman each day. Kings are pretty slow actually in Wrangell from what I gather but folks are icing a few fish each trip. We are going up on the 14th for a few days with a fleet from town although our king fishing has been pretty reliable right out front for the past two months or so. Etolin has been OK. Going guided or unguided?

I will be fishing out of island point lodge, it is a do it yourself kind of trip, im going with a guy who has fished there several times. Normally i fish in ketchikan, but wanted to try something new.

Default how far

How long of a trip is it from coffman cove to petersburg? How big a boat would be needed this time of the year?

Default Coffman to Petersburg

It usually takes about 2 hours or so to ge there. Folks do it in anything from a 16' Lund to whatever. Blind Slough is on the south end of the Narrows though so it doesn't take as long to ge tthere. We run it in one of our rental boats (20' Hewes with a 90 Yamaha) and it doesn't take much time.

King fishing was OK today here, friend caught 3 in 3 hours only 1 legal though. Halibut was good today.

Default It's picking up

From what I've heard things are starting to pick up down there. The run wasn't expected to be very big this year but there's plenty of fish. I know one guy went out yesteday and hooked 6 landed 4.