Thread: What are your teams doing right now?

Default What are your teams doing right now?

I know that the pat answer is building fat reserves for next year, but I am curious as to what they are DOING now. Are they teathered to their doghouses and that is all? Or do they run around for periods of time? How do they spend their time while it is summer?
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Hi, i know we are in the uk & have no snow @ present, its summer time here but ours still run with the bike if cool enough but mostly go for a walk or lay around the garden or house sleeping / playing intermittently.

I take mine hiking with me...here's a story of a trip we did in the Yukon last week.
    http://www.funhog.us/Trips/Tombstone2009/

I thought I would recycle this thread, because I am still wondering the same thing. Now it is nearing winter and they have to be aware that snow is coming. How does their demeanor change as they sense that they will soon be running? Do they get more rowdy when they see you, or are they still in summer mode, or???
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

My dogs spent a lot of time this summer running around, swimming and chasing us up and down the river following the canoe or boat and sometimes riding with us in the boat too.

Alas the river water is getting mighty cold as of lately so they are not so inclined to take a swim much anymore....

However, as of yesterday we have the first snow on the ground and they are excited to say the least and getting very vocal. They seem to know that mushing season is coming soon. Time to gather some dry grass for winter dog beds now before it snows to much and it all lays over. The temps are dipping fast and they will be needing it soon.

Grandma Lori
    If God had intended us to follow recipes,
    He wouldn't have given us grandmothers. ~Linda Henley