Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Ship creek find!!!

  1. #1
    New member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    ANCH.
    Posts
    488

    Default Ship creek find!!!

    My buddy was down at Ship creek last night and found an AT&T Iphone 16G. I'm posting this here cause he thought it might belong to someone that was fishing there. He found it by the dam. It is damaged and the battery is almost dead, but it will turn on and has a hunting photo as a wallpaper on the screen. It is locked so I can't access anything on it for owner info or ID. The photo is of a man and boy with a bou. Would like to get it back to the owner so they can at least get thier info off of it.

    Tom

  2. #2

    Wink

    Drop it off at AT&T. They can and will find the owner and notify them.
    Simple search of their Serial # data base.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  3. #3
    Member JOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Soldotna, ALASKA since '78
    Posts
    3,720

    Default

    Or... just call them.

    Seriously. Look in the phone book for an entry titled, "home" or anything under "ICE". Or just redial the last number and ask, "hello, I found this phone, who does this number belong to? Cool, do you happen to have his home number?"
    Winter is Coming...

    Go GeocacheAlaska!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    127

    Default password

    He has to get past the password in order to call or find anything on the phone.

    Dan find a charger for it and charge it and see if anyone calls or just leave it on and wait for someone to call it. Or call AT&T and see if they can help in anyway. That what I would do.

    Chris

  5. #5
    New member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    ANCH.
    Posts
    488

    Default owner found

    Turned phone on this afternoon and there was a name for a missed call. Looked the name up and called it. Boy was the owner happy to here from me! Meeting with him in about 10minutes for delivery. (and yes I know he is the owner or at least close to them cause he gave me the code to unlock it.)

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Homer
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Good job!!!

  7. #7
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dandeo2003 View Post
    Turned phone on this afternoon and there was a name for a missed call. Looked the name up and called it. Boy was the owner happy to here from me! Meeting with him in about 10minutes for delivery. (and yes I know he is the owner or at least close to them cause he gave me the code to unlock it.)

    Thats very generous of you....these stories of helping people out are so much better than hearing about people gear getting stolen, etc... Kudos to You! That is some very good Karma...

    Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Excellent indeed. Pay it forward.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hartford Michigan
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Outstanding.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •