Thread: BEAR BOMB, don't waste your money

Default BEAR BOMB, don't waste your money

Save your $12 and don't buy a bear bomb. Tonight I sat on one of my bait sites that was hit recently and tried out a bear bomb in Anise Oil scent. I rebaited the site, and set off the bear bomb just before I got into my stand. It stopped spraying before I got into my stand which is 40 yards from my bait where I set the can up. There was virtually no odor at all, and I had no bears come in tonight.

Default Dude...

Save up some bacon grease, beef grease, & anyother grease you have & use it to make a candle out of grease...you'll save yourself some money, & will have bears come to your stand GURANTEED!

Grease candles...grease candles...grease candles...I swear I could patent all my ideas & become a millionaire...humph...

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

Default Grease Candle??

Just how do you go about making a grease candle once you save up all that bacon grease?

Are you saving the grease in an old metal coffee can and just setting the top of the grease on fire? Or placing heat under the grease to melt it down to a boil to disperse the arroma? Or are you actually using a wick of some sort?

Thanks

Molasses burns are the stuff man. Get a pretty good sized pot, a one burner and have at it! I am a firm believer in it now. Smells 100x better than any honey burn.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default Ralph...

Pretty much exactly as the three ways you described you can do...

Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    Save up some bacon grease, beef grease, & anyother grease you have & use it to make a candle out of grease...you'll save yourself some money, & will have bears come to your stand GURANTEED!
    Does that gurantee apply for those of us in Iowa?
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Default Moose-head...

hehehe...LOL! well, if you get an Alaskan blackie to come to your bacon grease candle in Iowa, I'll take you moose hunting...:P FREE...:P

Thanks for the ideas, I tried out the molasses burn tonight and it worked great. I will continue to use it.

Default Molassas burn

I'm going to be burning molassas tomorrow night.....keep you posted.

Grease candles are the bomb here in MN. we just took a can full of grease and put in a hunk of rag for a wick. They work great!