Thread: June NP Fisheries Management Council Meeting.

Default June NP Fisheries Management Council Meeting.

There is a council meeting going on right now in anchorage if anyone is interested. Some have asked to get more info on various bycatch issues. Chum salmon will be discussed Sat at 1pm tentatively. You can never tell when the council will actually to get an item but they are generally on time. The meeting is at the Hilton, and lots of good reading material will be available.

C-4 Bering Sea Salmon Bycatch (6 hrs)
    (a) Refine alternatives for the chum salmon bycatch analysis.
    (b) Receive discussion paper and committee report on salmon bycatch
    data collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Akbrownsfan View Post
    There is a council meeting going on right now in anchorage if anyone is interested. Some have asked to get more info on various bycatch issues. Chum salmon will be discussed Sat at 1pm tentatively. You can never tell when the council will actually to get an item but they are generally on time. The meeting is at the Hilton, and lots of good reading material will be available.

C-4 Bering Sea Salmon Bycatch (6 hrs)
    (a) Refine alternatives for the chum salmon bycatch analysis.
    (b) Receive discussion paper and committee report on salmon bycatch
    data collection.
    Thanks for flagging this for folks, akbrownsfan...but I was at the meetings this afternoon and they are already a bit behind schedule...and likely to fall a little more behind schedule (in my opinion) with this next agenda item (bering sea crab rationalization review) that they just started around 3pm today. My best guess is that they don't get to chum bycatch until sometime Sunday. However, if anyone is intersted in watching...you always gotta keep an eye on things to make sure the schedule doesn't change.

If I get a more accurate guess about when they'll get to it, then I'll post again.

I just got an update from someone at the meetings...it looks like they moved things along quickly and are going to get to chum bycatch today after all...possibly starting it before lunch or in the afternoon. The meeting is at the Anchorage Hilton, for anyone interested.