Thread: Barney's Supercub Jacket

Default Barney's Supercub Jacket

Anyone out there with experience with this? Went to the store ready to buy the brooks range but like the lighter supercub as well. trying to decide between the two and also between the green and camo models.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Brooks range jacket, most of the outfitters up north are wearing them, and if you get holes in them, use duck tape to repair it..

FYI: The camo patern is in limited supply. We are currently out of fabric to make them in the digital camo. Currently there are no pants available in stock in the digital camo and due to the lack of fabric it's impossible to predict when we will have them. We do have both the super cub and brooks range in camo currently. Some sizes are getting sparse. I would recomend the green instead of the camo for 2 reasons.

First any of the garments are too warm to stalk or hike in. For the most part you will use them to stay warm while glassing and in camp over you undies while your hunting clothes dry. Because you aren't stocking in them you don't need camo. They are dark green. It isn't like they are neon orange.

Second after you buy and use the brooks range or super cub you will want the pant also. Then they will match instead of camo top and green bottom.

Brett

Any news on when Barney's website will get fixed? Heck, its almost been a year and it sure was nice to be able to look at the stuff they sell when it is discussed on here...

I know it's an old thread but I haven't found any good specs on the Supercub Jacket. Specifically, looking for overall weight and the Primaloft g/m^2. Nice to have something to compare! Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by iturner8 View Post
    I know it's an old thread but I haven't found any good specs on the Supercub Jacket. Specifically, looking for overall weight and the Primaloft g/m^2. Nice to have something to compare! Thanks all.
    That jacket has the same specs as the Integral designs Dolomitti hooded jacket here are the specs

Option Details
    Unisex sizes:
    Small: 42" chest, 40" waist, 30" sleeve, 23" front, 27" back - 720g
    Medium: 46" chest, 44" waist, 32" sleeve, 24" front, 29" back - 760g
    Large: 50" chest, 48" waist, 33" sleeve, 24" front, 29" back - 800g
    X-Large: 54" chest, 52" waist, 34" sleeve, 25" front, 30" back - 840g
    XXL 58" chest, 56" waist, 35" sleeve, 27" front, 32" back - 880g
    Features: Insulated with single layer of 170g Primaloft Sport (1" loft);

This is for the rundle non hooded

Packed Size: 14" long x 5" diameter (in Silcoat stuff sack)

Unisex Sizes: (chest, sleeve, front zip, back length)
    Small: 38", 29", 24", 23"
    Medium: 40", 30", 25", 24" 440g
    Large: 42", 31", 26", 25"
    X-Large: 45", 32", 28", 26"

Colors: Black, Olive Green, MultiCam

Description
    This is a close-fitting, lightweight insulating jacket made with proven Primaloft insulation and microfibre fabrics. Very comfortable to wear in a vehicle, around town or in the backcountry. Works well on its own or as part of a layering system.

Features: 133g Primaloft Sport insulation, lightweight front zipper with inside wind flap, two zippered hand pockets, inside left vertical zippered pocket, Lycra bound cuffs, thumb loops and bottom hem (no contrasting colors on MultiCam model). No Hood. Supplied with Silcoat stuff sack.

I just recently bought a Supercub jacket and holy smokes is it warm and comfy! Probably the lightest warmest primaloft jacket I have worn. I have an REI one and the Sitka Kelvin and the Barney's Supercub is by far the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramcam View Post
    That jacket has the same specs as the Integral designs Dolomitti hooded jacket here are the specs

Option Details
    Unisex sizes:
    Small: 42" chest, 40" waist, 30" sleeve, 23" front, 27" back - 720g
    Medium: 46" chest, 44" waist, 32" sleeve, 24" front, 29" back - 760g
    Large: 50" chest, 48" waist, 33" sleeve, 24" front, 29" back - 800g
    X-Large: 54" chest, 52" waist, 34" sleeve, 25" front, 30" back - 840g
    XXL 58" chest, 56" waist, 35" sleeve, 27" front, 32" back - 880g
    Features: Insulated with single layer of 170g Primaloft Sport (1" loft);

This is for the rundle non hooded

Packed Size: 14" long x 5" diameter (in Silcoat stuff sack)

Unisex Sizes: (chest, sleeve, front zip, back length)
    Small: 38", 29", 24", 23"
    Medium: 40", 30", 25", 24" 440g
    Large: 42", 31", 26", 25"
    X-Large: 45", 32", 28", 26"

Colors: Black, Olive Green, MultiCam

Description
    This is a close-fitting, lightweight insulating jacket made with proven Primaloft insulation and microfibre fabrics. Very comfortable to wear in a vehicle, around town or in the backcountry. Works well on its own or as part of a layering system.

Features: 133g Primaloft Sport insulation, lightweight front zipper with inside wind flap, two zippered hand pockets, inside left vertical zippered pocket, Lycra bound cuffs, thumb loops and bottom hem (no contrasting colors on MultiCam model). No Hood. Supplied with Silcoat stuff sack.

Actually the Supercub jacket is more akin to the Integral Designs Rundle NOT the Dolomitti.

My wife and I each have the Supercub...they are stellar jackets when warmth to weight when it wet out is all considered.

Yea i have the specs for both there - darn to late to edit ...from the middle down is the Rundle