Thread: minor repair

Default minor repair

Hey folks. Just looking to get some info on repairing my revolver or getting it repair.

I have a S&W .22LR Revolver that my folks gave to me as a HS graduation gift. It's in excellent shape other than that over the years the bolt and screw assembly that holds the grips together has stripped out. This may seem like a very minor do-it-yourself repair, but I don't want to screw it or the gun up.

Any ideas?

Unless you want factory grips you should be able to find some aftermarket replacements...Hogue, Pachmyar, etc., that come with their own screw so you can discard the stripped one. If you do want factory grips they should be realatively easy to find also and if your screw is still good then the new grips should work in them (assuming same moel, etc.) since the estuceon nut is already set into the new grip panel...if the screw is bad it should be easy to get a new one from S&W.

Quote Originally Posted by gunblade View Post
    Unless you want factory grips you should be able to find some aftermarket replacements...Hogue, Pachmyar, etc., that come with their own screw so you can discard the stripped one. If you do want factory grips they should be realatively easy to find also and if your screw is still good then the new grips should work in them (assuming same moel, etc.) since the estuceon nut is already set into the new grip panel...if the screw is bad it should be easy to get a new one from S&W.

The screw appears to be in good condition, I believe it's just the bolt. I would prefer to keep the factory grips and maintain the appearance of the revolver. It's a Model 17, and I know that to the average Joe, no firearm is cheap, but this is one of their pricier models.

Try contacting Numeric(Gun Parts) or S&W directly for the parts you need?
    Steve