Thread: Kasilof Kings

Default Kasilof Kings

Hey Guys me and a few buddies are headed down to the Kasilof this weekend to do some King fishing. We are all preaty new to this and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on fly patterns for this time of year.

Thanks

#2 hook, small orange or red corkey. and a piece of yarn. I rig these with a .5 once egg slip sinker.

Default Kings

Myself and my son went yesterday. Even though we had a guide. Which I want to thank you Dave for a great time and probaly one of the top guides on that River. Did great wil some Kwik Fish plugs. If your fishing from shore we did pretty good from the Coho Camp ground. We got 2 nice kings

Default Congrats...

armyguyinak. Have you got any pics?
    I'm taking the family down to coho cove campgrounds next weekend and the lady said kings were being caught from shore.
    What did you use? Colors?
    My kids do best with spinners and spin-n-glows but I'm sure they could figure out tossin' some corkies and yarn.
    I'm looking for all the info I can since we never caught a king...yet

Default Kings

I used a silver and red Kwik fish. I also saw people floating eggs off the bottom. Maybe 18 inches of leader. I hope your family catches some kings good luck and good fishing. If anyone else has some advice please reply. Every kid should catch a fish.

Default May 30th Guided float 3 kings

Billy from RodnReel did a great job. caught all 3 below coho landing on incoming tide. Wife caught her very first king and first fish in boat. Then I caught next 2. Sheeeeew. Could have been long ride home her bragging and all. lol I'm really proud of how well she did! Billy back bounced with eggs. Great time, nice weather. Other drifters very friendly. This was 2 limit fish. We caught 2 wild 1 hatchery. Average size 20-25 lbs. Smoked up nicely.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default No doubt Billy is a great fisherman...

Quote Originally Posted by akpappy View Post
    Billy from RodnReel did a great job. caught all 3 below coho landing on incoming tide. Wife caught her very first king and first fish in boat. Then I caught next 2. Sheeeeew. Could have been long ride home her bragging and all. lol I'm really proud of how well she did! Billy back bounced with eggs. Great time, nice weather. Other drifters very friendly. This was 2 limit fish. We caught 2 wild 1 hatchery. Average size 20-25 lbs. Smoked up nicely.

Most of us that have fished around Billy know he is a talented fisherman and good guide... Definitly needs to mature some and hopefully he doesn't tell ADFG Creel Samplers "NO, I don't have time" next time they ask to see his catch.

Quote Originally Posted by TYNMON View Post
    Most of us that have fished around Billy know he is a talented fisherman and good guide... Definitly needs to mature some and hopefully he doesn't tell ADFG Creel Samplers "NO, I don't have time" next time they ask to see his catch.
    Yes he said he won't do that again

how are the kings fishing???? any updates, leaving at 6 today for the weekend.

Best way to describe things right now for most people on the river; take what you normally would catch on a day this time of year and cut it in half Some fish, but not what it should be

Default Heading down...

to fish the Kasilof at for the 1st time after work for the weekend. Hopefully we catch something. Let you know after we get back.

Default smoked?

I'd a put that first one on the grill - - -

Be on the water BFE tomorrow morning. Prob shoot up to the 'nai for some reds on sunday unless the kings are hot.....

Default Grill...

is packed and so is the Bitburg, Beck's and Stella's, not that we drink beer. Hopefully by tomorrow we'll be eaten alaskan king with some german beer. Now if I can get ahold of some cohiba's I'll be in heaven
    If anyone is by coho cove rv site stop by and say hi. May have a beer for ya'
    Don't plan on leaving the bank stopping fishing.