Thread: yard waste

Question yard waste

Does anyone know of a place in or near anchorage that you can get rid of yard waste, instead of going to the dump? I have a trailer load of tree branches and brush, as well as a few bags of leaves. I think I remember hearing of a place that took this kind of stuff last year and ran it through a chipper, instead of just throwing it in a landfill. Thanks for the help.

Jake
    All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.

Default Wood Lot

Quote Originally Posted by jakec5253 View Post
    Does anyone know of a place in or near anchorage that you can get rid of yard waste, instead of going to the dump? I have a trailer load of tree branches and brush, as well as a few bags of leaves. I think I remember hearing of a place that took this kind of stuff last year and ran it through a chipper, instead of just throwing it in a landfill. Thanks for the help.

Jake
    The branches and brush can be taken to the Anchorage Wood Lot on C Street and 100th. It is $10/truckload. I don't know if they would take the leaves though, but at least you would have the bulk taken care of.

Personally, I compost the leaves in my backyard and end up with some nice topsoil when it's all said and done. Just need to mix in some grass clippings and it really gets cooking. Isn't always an option depending on where you live and how much space you have though.

Default thank you

Thanks for the help. I will check that place out. I only have a few bags of leaves, so that won't be hard to get rid of, but I have a whole lot of brush/tree clippings. Thanks again.

Jake
    All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.