There's been some discussion in the past about the Oar Saddle by Kent Rotchy's Rocking R Designs. Though I haven't used them yet, they seem like a pretty good idea to me and I'm wondering if any of you that have used them would care to comment. Here's what I'm looking for specifically:
1. Ease of use. Were they stable or did they flex when you rowed?
2. Overall cost. I know you have to buy the unit, then the oars, then Oar Rights, etc. plus you have to glue D-Rings on your boat. Was it worth it?
3. If you had the chance to suggest a design change, what would it be?
4. What kind of boat did you use them on? (round boat, cataraft, canoe, etc.)
5. Have you used other similar setups, and / or how would you rate the Oar Saddle in comparison to other options?
5. If your answer / assessment is qualified by experience on the water, how much experience do you have? This question isn't to minimize the experiences of new floaters, but you can understand that very experienced rafters will carry a little more weight. I hope this makes sense...
For those who may consider this a fishing trip for bad news, it isn't. Kent is a friend (and will be accompanying me to SCI this year as he has the last three years). I think he has a good product and I'm trying to draw attention to it.