Thread: A 20 in 20

Default A 20 in 20

I'll take a break from the bathroom remodel to brag on my buddy. He just called with the news that this years 20A bear or should I say H_O_G, he got was bigger than we thought. The skull as measured by F&G went 20 3/8"! And the taxidermist measured the hide out at an even 7'!
    HOLY GUACAMOLE! Looking at the 2000 Alaskan Bowhunters Records Book there are only about 3 bears listed at over 20" taken from interior AK. How do you say WOWSA!
    Taken with his trusty Hoyt at 20 yards, the bruiser died within sight. I'll have to get permission to post photos.
    Alright, back to work.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

grizz or black?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Good point

I got so excited I forgot part of the story. The bear he got is a black boar. Solid black, no brown on the nose or other markings. He got a photo of himself with the monster, and even though he is not a big guy, he is dwarfed by the dimensions on that animal. The bear was taken over bait at a site that he has hunted for years.
    I've seen photos from his trail cam and it was quite the busy place this spring. Even got a photo of a wolf eating bait.
    Very cool indeed. Glad I have friends like that who will share with me in my time of need. Yeah, I'm whining.
    Note to self: Never, never, never let them (wives) start ripping down wallpaper. Especially right before any hunting season. Come to think of it I can't think of a time I can't hunt. Hmm.

you love it and you know it Greg...the wife LOL! so stop your whining haha.

Lets see that wouldnt be Tom C. would it?

Yep no house projects befor or durring any season, That included, Sprin gear, clamming, fishing, hunting, and trapping.... No wonder my house is a throwback to 1982... wood paneling is still "in" right?

Congrats to your bud!

Default Exactly

Wood paneling= GOOD
    Wall paper= Good
    Toilet working= Good
    So if it is all good, why in the world change it? I swear if I ever get so dumb as to build another house it is going to be all concrete, stainless steel, and vinyl. Going to have one big drain in the middle for monthly hose downs. "MOM, mind the baby doesn't go down the drain, time to clean!"
    Nope MR. TBow, not Tom. He got a nice one I heard, and had a bigger dude coming in that Mr. P doesn't have time for. Not sure Tom's went 20, but hope so. He is a good guy.
    Anybody in FAI know if anybody is smoking bear hams this spring? Brett Franklin used to over at BY Farms, but they no longer own it. Those smoked bear hams of Brett's were to die for!
    You guys know what is cool? Several years back I took a guy out, showed him around, and found a place for him to bait. Good guy. Well worth it. He read about my current "situation" and PM'd me that if I wanted to go sit his bait feel free, and that there are a couple of 6'ers coming in. Just about brings tears to my eyes. Maybe this weekend I'll sneak out late and just go sit with my camera and thermacell and see what I can see.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Delta meat co... for hams..A++++++
    i do my own but no ready to take anothers meat on ...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I was going to say you hunt, I'll video. I've got the next turdy days off too...woohoo. If you're up for a gulakana king trip, I'll be there for a couple weeks between there and the klutina.

I might have to buy a thermacell just to sleep at nite, the **** mosquitos found there way into the house shew!

River Rat - Sorry, but there is NO BEAR until there is a PICTURE!! Those are the rules!

LoL

Just kidding,
    Congrat's to your buddy,

Taylor

-[]------->

Default now I see

no picture no proof never happened. Darn it Mark, you make it tough on a guy!
    I was scrollin through my buddies cam photos. Bear, bears, bear, bears, lots of bears, ravens, bear, bears, ravens, wolf. On and on and on. Then this tank on legs scrolled past. I said WAIT! HOLD THE PHONE. BACK ER UP.
    There he was. My buddy was grinning at me. No way anybody could mistake that bear for anything other than what it is. He looked like a VW Bug on legs. Big, round, just did not have the headlights. I am talking "GIMONGOUS"! Cool word huh?
    OK OK, you guys play hardball. I'll see what I can do about the photo ops.
    TB, haven't been to the Gulky for a long time, and never the Klutina. Might be fun. I'll bring beer. Can't make it until the end of the month though after dad leaves. I think I have butt loads of wiggle warts if you need them. I gave a bunch to a kid a while back but kept a bucket of em.
    A 20" bear. Man oh man that is so cool.

Did you ever get the pics from your buddy?

Default Camera shy

He is a bit shy. On several accounts. Mainly he wants to keep his spot top secret, and if people know who it is, they might have an idea where he goes.
    If I can get a photo of just the bear, especially with something to compare the size to, I'll see if my daughter the whiz can help Ole Comp Illiterate Dad post a photo.

I can completely understand being shy about that, wouldn't want everyone camped out in front of his house next spring following him into the woods hoping to find that magic location.