Thread: cass creek caller

Default cass creek caller

I got a cass creek moose caller and my hunting buddy told me he would like it if I didn't take it out in the woods with me. The thing is a joke it sounds like a car crash not a moose caller. Anyone ever try one of these babys, I don't know what they are thinking. Any input here.

Default Its a joke

My buddy brought one of those things on our moose hunt ,When he played it it sounded like a goose getting run over by a car. I told him he was not hunting within 5 miles of where I was going. Someones getting rich off that thing.

If you want a good digital moose call get the Phantom call, You can go online and listen to the difference here is a link to the web site Just click on the one you want to here.

http://www.phantomcalls.com/vcalls/index.htm

Default moose caller

Hey, you sound just like my hunting partner, he's going please,please don't bring that thing with you. So I decided that I just wasted my money and left it back at the cabin.
    I'll look into and another type for next year. The type you posted looks pretty good. Have you had good luck with it ?

Default Cass Creek Caller

I used one this year and called in 4 wolves from about a mile out. We pulled them into 40 yards before shooting. I also called in a griz from down wind to within 60 yards. They make a good predator call when you use the calf in distress button on the moose call.

No moose in the area so we didn't get to see if the lame moose calls worked or not.

Don't use one in bear country at your tent close to dark. Someone will be coming for dinner.

Akbones,
    Did you think maybe the reason you called in all those preadators with that call is beacause every call on there sounds like something dying......

wlas ,

Called in 6 different bulls in a 3 day period and they all came in grunting,We used the call ,did some raking with a caribou shoulder blade and had a moose decoy all bulls came within 30 yrds. I bought mine off ebay half of what you'll get them anywhere else.

Smile moose caller

Thanks Roger I am going to start looking on ebay, The calf button on the caller is the funniest one on there, I would go down the buttons and when I would hit the calf one we would look at each other and just start laughing. maybe we sure have used it more, maybe something would have showed up

Default Moose call

wlas ,

Here is a link of where I bought mine this guy always has them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phantom-Hunter-M...QQcmdZViewItem

Default moose caller

Thanks Roger, I am going to get one. When you are using it, how often do you turn it on, and do you move around or just stay in one spot ?
    Larry